Rooted r2d2 please help gmail not syncing

jackson

Reaction score
i cant find a thread on this so i am HOPING someone can help me.
I rooted my Droid R2D2 with z4root. After creating my backup i wiped all data/cache and flashed Apex ROM with blue res framework. This has been running especially smooth for awhile now a good couple weeks. Yesterday mid day i had a google sign in problem saying my password was wrong. So i did go into my gmail which did seem to have a hacking issue of some sort so i set up 2 step verification and changed password and now my gmail is fantastic. heres where the problem is. my phone will STILL not recognize changed password. it keeps saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" with a small redand white exclamation next to the sync icon. i dont know what the hell has happened but no matter how many times i wipe date clear cache and reset i cant fix this. ive even recovered to my previous fresh root where everything worked fine and i still can not get my google to sync..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted my Droid R2D2 with z4root. After creating my backup i wiped all data/cache and flashed Apex ROM with blue res framework. This has been running especially smooth for awhile now a good couple weeks. Yesterday mid day i had a google sign in problem saying my password was wrong. So i did go into my gmail which did seem to have a hacking issue of some sort so i set up 2 step verification and changed password and now my gmail is fantastic. heres where the problem is. my phone will STILL not recognize changed password. it keeps saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" with a small redand white exclamation next to the sync icon. i dont know what the hell has happened but no matter how many times i wipe date clear cache and reset i cant fix this. ive even recovered to my previous fresh root where everything worked fine and i still can not get my google to sync..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I don't know how much help I'm going to be. You say you've done wipe data and clear cache, I'm assume you've done this on the whole phone, correct?

If so it should be like starting a brand new phone and require you to sign into Google with your new password. If that's not happening then do a factory data reset out of the privacy section. If you're doing wipes out of your recovery then that may be a waste of time but I don't know what else to tell you.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I've never changed my gmail password after having it setup on my phone, but i would suggest either doing a system reset and setting gmail with the new pass or try adding it with the new pass and see if it updates the old setup. I haven't changed the pass without having a system reset in mind.....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
jackson

jackson

Reaction score

I don't know how much help I'm going to be. You say you've done wipe data and clear cache, I'm assume you've done this on the whole phone, correct?

If so it should be like starting a brand new phone and require you to sign into Google with your new password. If that's not happening then do a factory data reset out of the privacy section. If you're doing wipes out of your recovery then that may be a waste of time but I don't know what else to tell you.

i feel like such a MORON lol the problem was within the 2-step verification process. i had to set an application specific password and use that to sign in and now POOF all is well..... im actually really pissed about this because.... yup you guessed it lost all my good rom usage and stuff with apex and forgot to create a backup of THAT grrr now have to reinstall rom and framework and re do it all!

ill leave this post in case someone has the same problem with 2-step verification thru gmail!!!