1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Problems

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by M1TTENS, May 26, 2010.

1. M1TTENS

M1TTENS New Member

Ok, I've got just the Motorola Droid and I've rooted it and tried to put different OS on it, but there's problems. First, the two systems I tried, because I found them first, were Bugless Beast 7 and 9. I don't know if they're good etc etc, and I don't know TOO much about all this. I had a friend help me. And here come the problems.

The BIGGEST one is the fact that everytime I try to mount through USB to my comp to put music etc on it shuts down, goes to the first screen that says, "DROID," goes to the red eye, goes black then goes back to the "DROID" screen. It does this three times EVERY TIME. I wanna know if it's the OS or if my SD card is bad or if my phone is just a brick now. The reason I don't really suspect the OS is because my friend used the same OS with maybe a different kernal and he's had no problems. I general use a 600Mhz 5-slot (i think...) and I've tried several kernal/OS combinations to no avail.

Then there's the problem of the performance. It runs great for a while, but freaks out. I had a live wallpaper on and after a few days it force closed the android system. It seems like no matter what I do, including setting the minimum processing speed to around 300Mhz, it ends up breaking down.

I just need some advice or something... this has been going on for 2 months now, and I just need to know if I should let it go and just stick with the stock OS, which is what I have on now, or if I just royally messed it up.
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

I've seen the reboot on mounting before, change your notification sounds around. I had a sound in the settings that, after a rom install, was no longer available on my phone. So when the default sound was scheduled to play (like sdcard notification) it would reboot. Just a shot in the dark here, but worth looking into.
  3. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I'm not a mod, but this belongs in the hacking section....
  4. M1TTENS

M1TTENS New Member

Yeah sorry... I didn't realize till just now. I'm new to the forums... My apologies. Won't happen again.

The notification thing may make sense, because the same sort of thing happens to me. It goes off when it accesses the SD card at all. What sounds were changed between OS?