1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Problems

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DHood, Mar 18, 2010.

1. DHood

DHood New Member

I rooted my phone a week or so ago (I made a thread the night I did it). I have adam's rom installed and a theme that I downloaded from the forums (Droidinator). My batterlife as of recently has been terrible for no apparent reason. I have in no way changed the amount I use my phone, it just seems to die an hour or 2 earlier than it should, sometimes more.

Also, the last two days things have randomly been force closing: most commonly my home screen, I'll click the home button and it'll force close and then load instantly it's really strange. Today my handcent kept force closing every time I opened it for like 5x then I tried opening messaging and it force closed and I restarted my phone and all text messages were deleted.

Not sure what the problems are, anything I should try doing?
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

Have you checked what's using the most of your battery? Settings>>>about phone>>>battery use. see what that says .... might help narrow down the problem.
  3. DHood

DHood New Member

Yeah and it was nothing out of the usual, well besides phone idle being like #3. But I just realized adam has a new rom out so I'm in process of loading it now. Maybe that will change things...
  4. Corinacakes

i'll cross my fingers for ya:D good luck!
  5. DHood

DHood New Member

Do you happen to know how to change the font? When I installed this new rom I picked the wrong font and want the normal/stock one. I don't want to have to re-install.
  6. Corinacakes

sorry i'm running Droidmod. so i have no idea.
  7. billyidle

billyidle New Member

You can change fonts with MetaMorph (in any ROM).
  8. Corinacakes

billy you can't with Ultimate...so i've been told
  9. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I experienced a lot of "soft closes" (the force-close that gives you the option to wait) when I installed a lot of roms one after another.

When I fully wiped and installed a fresh rom, it started working great, and I haven't seen a single Force-Close (soft or otherwise) since then. You might give that a try, especially if you've tried multiple roms without wiping system AND data.
  10. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Hope the new ROM fixes your FC issue. If you still have a bad battery try opening terminal emulator and type su then logcat. let it run for a bit and if dalvikvm is constantly running then that's your issue.