1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted on droidmod.. occasional extreme slow downs anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by biglipps66, Mar 14, 2010.

1. biglipps66

biglipps66 New Member

DM 1
    800mhz clock
    Occasional slow downs up to 800+ms short benches.
    It clears up after a while though.. does anyone else notice slowdowns sometimes?
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Nah I never did...maybe speed it up a bit? To 1000MHz
  3. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

I'm droidmod also. When I get forcecloses or noticeable lags, I reboot. Fixes it almost every time
  4. biglipps66

biglipps66 New Member

Same today. Even at the 1ghz clock Im seeing 600ms benches and its slower than the day I brought it home from the store. Its pretty much app free too so that cant be the issue. Considering jumping over to another rom really at this point
  5. skidemn

skidemn New Member

Yes, I get occasional slowdowns running at 1GHz that seem like the phone is stuck, then it starts moving along slowly. Yesterday it wouldn't wake up after the screen went dark. The LED kept flashing green, but I had to do a battery pull to get it restarted. I do have a lot of apps on the phone, but only a dozen or so of the main apps running at any time- swype keyboard, live wallpapers, etc. Lots of fc's with widgets- especially the gizmodo news widget and sometimes beautiful home widget.
  6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Those slowdowns are the reason I dropped droidmod. Its compcache enabled in the kernel. They had this issue before, it was shown to be compcache, yet they INSIST on putting it back in.
  7. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

behind that theory above, will clearing the cache app I have for rooted users only help?