Rooted og wont update to 2.3

bigred503

Reaction score
so my rooted droid for some reason will not do the ota update. it will either go straight to the bootloader menu or itll show that triangle with the android guy. am i doing something wrong and will i lose root if i update? or do i need to try to manuallu update it?

im still kinda new to this hahaha

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its not an update to 2.3 its 2.2.1.
Second you have a custom recover either sprecovery or clockwork and those block OTAs.
Most of the ROMs out are 2.2.1 based now anyways.

Sent from somewhere...

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Post 2 is correct. Are you getting the update available message? I had it hitting me on mine, allowed it, flashed recovery, no more problem. I did it weird but it worked for me. If you're by chance Running BBv.05 for your ROM, there is a patch to fix it, you just have to go to Pete's site to get it. If not, you can either flash BBv.05, then the patch, or wait for the ROM you're running to toss ya a patch.

janson745

Reaction score
Okay, so my issue is that I have done nothing to my phone after rooting than install a P3 kernel. My big thing was the speed. I like the Launcher Pro... I like the rest of everything... So, I continue to get the pop-up telling me to update. I keep getting the Exclamation Triangle guy screen, even after un-rooting.

Where do I get a stock kernel? I want to replace the P3 one so the phone wont recognize the difference. When I try to restore my stock backup in Clockwork, it tells me that "This does not seem to be a valid backup. The MD5 file is missing". I thought I did everything right when I rooted a month ago.

Any help would be awesome. I really want the notification to go away, not really worried about the benefits of the new update, as nothing really pertains to anything I use.

-Jeremy