Rooted, now won't download from market place

Turb022

Reaction score
Hi, need a little help. I rooted to remove bloatware. Afterwards I tried to download an app from the marketplace and it says it will be downloaded, but status does not come up. If I click on the install link again itb shows status of download as if it is frozen. No % comes up, and it will not download. Regular links outside of marketplace work fine. Any suggestions?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you take off or rename something you weren't supposed to? Or did you just root and not do anything to the programs yet? Is the app you are downloading a root onlY?

OP
T

Turb022

Reaction score
The only ones I renamed that weren't on recommended list were talk.apk talkprovider.apk and gtalkservice.apk I've tried to download metamorph and then tried several games just to see what the deal was..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you try renaming those back and trying again?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Were you able to download from the market prior to rooting? Is this more with paid apps or free apps or a mixture?

harrellj

Reaction score
As weird as it sounds, I believe thagt both the gtalkservice and talk are required for good running of the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Would make sense because the market is hooked into Google, there is usually a reason those files are on the do not rename list.

OP
T

Turb022

Reaction score
Ok thanks.got it to download now, but the aps do not show up on my ap screen now after downloaded.. Any ideas why this is happening?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you go under application and manage, do they show up there? Or when you go into market place and go under downloads are they there?

OP
T

Turb022

Reaction score
I went back and tried to download and they all ppoped up.. And now they show in real time again.. Crazy but its working.. Thanks for all the help! Phone is running smooth now..seems to have a little better battery life also!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh cool well glad ya got it working

bcollins33

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Had the same issue but this resolved it. I have removed other Google services without issue (Gmail, YouTube) but Talk was the kicker.

kaotic-weegie

Reaction score
After Root Marketplace won't work.

I rooted my phone successfully. Installed Titanium Backup to remove unwanted apps. After following advice from another forum, i removed Google Talk and now my marketplace won't work. I have tried reinstalling using Android SDK and a file manager but it won't allow me to install on my phone. Is there a way i can get Google Talk back and if so how will i go about it? Thanks