rooted... now what?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by guns, Aug 18, 2011.

1. guns

guns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to the hole rooting thing so I was wondering if someone could give me some directions or links on what all I can do with my rooted phone. I've got it rooted removed all the bloatware I didn't want and I hear it is suppose to improve battery life... Was wondering what custom roms would be good for a beginner but also be useful... Looking to improve speed even tho it is ok a lil laggy sometimes when playing games or txting to fast.. any help or links will be great.... Thx

2. Cookie_Monster

Cookie_Monster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really hard to say what custom roms will or is good for beginners because what is good for one might be bad for one. Go get some rooted apps for your phone like adfree from the market which removes ads from apps. links to roms i would look here or here. or in the this forum

3. guns

guns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I will check them out! Thx alot for ur help

4. Cookie_Monster

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem try to help when I can

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

5. pjniez

pjniez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get Titanium Backup.

6. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    First thing you want to do is make sure you have made a backup of the stock system through clockwork recovery before you start modding. Then when you start flashing roms make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvich cache before you install a rom. I have use omfgb 1.3, MIUI and Incredible Sensation so far...all have been pretty good and have performed well for me...as long as I do not overclock them past 1.4ghz

Sent from my Incredible 2

7. guns

guns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for all the input everyone! Every little bit helps... Still a noob... I downloaded Rom manager.. I'm assuming that's what ur talking about when u say clockwork?

8. Cookie_Monster

Ratings:
    +0
    Rom manger you can make your backup of your current rom from there. there is a option in the app to do that. A back up is just in case you mess something up you can go back to the way it was b4 things went wrong. Now clockwork is a recovery where you flash things.

Define...clockworkmod...A recovery program that is often used to apply updates, ROMs, or create a back
    up or restore a backup file

its alittle confusing i know but dont feel rushed if you dont know ask cause that is how we all got where we are is by asking

9. guns

guns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok thx again... i got the rom manager and i made a backup of my phone.. thinking about tring to install a rom today! thing is i dont now how to clear my cache and dalvich cache? and is there anything else i need to do other then that? im guessing i need to just download a rom to my pc and save it to my sd card and then go into rom manager and install it through that? thx again

10. Cookie_Monster

Ratings:
    +0
    From Rom manager you can install the Rom from your SD card from there and it should give you the option to wipe all that and make a back up

11. JriderG

JriderG Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I use root on my x for... wireless tether, custom Roms, and overclocking mainly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

12. guns

guns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tring my first rom now... i got cm7... dunno if ill keep it or not just wanna see how it looks... its working tho i do no that... thanks again for all the help