1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted now........so now what

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 93fuelslut, Aug 30, 2011.

1. 93fuelslut

93fuelslut New Member

Im now rooted thanks to idopa but nothing new happened...my battery still dies in 4hours my phone still takes forever to load...so what am I suppose to do? What can I do? What was the point in rooting?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Rooting by itself doesn't do anything to your device. What you do after you root is where the magic happens. There are a lot of things you can do to get more out of your phone once rooted. You can actually make the phone slower, or have worse battery life with what you do after you root as well.

Rooting your device basically allows you access to things you didn't originally have access to. Think of it like Admin in the Windows world.

Things you can do:
    overclock your processor
    lower the voltage of the processor (in theory saving battery life)
    remove some bloat apps
    install a custom recovery - I highly recommend you do this if you plan on doing anything, and do it first.
    Make backups - this kinda goes along with the custom recovery, but you can make backups with things like titanium backup as well
    block ads
    Install custom ROMs - This kinda goes along with the custom recovery as well, but it deserves it's own spot.
    Custom themes - Theming things in the system partition like the status/notification bar
    wireless tether

I am sure I am missing a lot of things, but I am just giving you an idea.

I highly recommend you read up about rooting, and what it can do. This isn't a hidden secret, it is well documented throughout this site and various other sites. What you do next is totally up to you. Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central <-- is a article on what rooting is and explains some things in layman's terms. But even after reading that I still recommend you read around a bit, specifically for things you can do with your device.
  3. 93fuelslut

93fuelslut New Member

How do u do the 1st four things and how do u do a titanium back up?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. louy99

louy99 New Member

He doesn't need to overclock that 1.2ghz if he wants better battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby New Member

before you attempt to do anything more, you REALLY need to educate yourself re: the basics and what goes along with root access both rewards and risks. In addition to the above provided link I HIGHLY suggest you refer to and follow the links in the following stickied thread (just look above this thread in this very forum)...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/11102-all-one-popular-threads-read-before-posting.html (be aware that this is in the Droid forum which means the OG Droid therefore much of the specific information, instructions, ROM references, etc are specifically for the original Droid)

Also, because rooting, ROMS, and kernels are VERY device specific read through the rooting section that relates to your device for specific information
  6. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

When you get the time...number 1 priority before or after root......
    Learn to sbf and have it ready...you never know when your going to need it..once you root, you may become another rom flashing addict just like myself and many many others on the forum...lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

so now im rooted