Rooted, now need to back everything up...

Dustin.

Reaction score
Uninstall Bootstrapper, Reinstall it.

Then download and install ROM Manager. Once in ROM Manager check your version of Bootstrapper you have. (Should be Version 2.5.0.8)

Then what I want you to do is tap "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and select Droid2

Then hit "Reboot into Recovery"

Post back results.

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score

Then download and install ROM Manager. Once in ROM Manager check your version of Bootstrapper you have. (Should be Version 2.5.0.8)

Then what I want you to do is tap "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and select Droid2

Post back results.

The version of Bootstrapper that I downloaded off the market and paid for is version 1.0.0.1

And there is no option to update it on the market...

Dustin.

Reaction score

Post back results.

The version of Bootstrapper that I downloaded off the market and paid for is version 1.0.0.1

And there is no option to update it on the market...

Your not checking the version of the App... Which is why I told you to download ROM Manager and check the version of "ClockworkMod Recovery" Not the actual Bootstrapper App..

So follow those instructions a little more closely and let me know so I can provide you with further help. ;)

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
Your not checking the version of the App... Which is why I told you to download ROM Manager and check the version of "ClockworkMod Recovery" Not the actual Bootstrapper App..

So follow those instructions a little more closely and let me know so I can provide you with further help. ;)

Did all of that, phone turned off, when it came back on it loaded up the home screen and told me launcherpro failed to start.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Try downloading Terminal Emulator and open it once installed then type
"su" Without the "s

Should ask for SU permissions, allow it, and you should see a #

If that checks out, go back into ROM Manager, Reflash Clockwork by selecting D2.

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery

Let me know.

Dustin.

Reaction score
1st Alternative -

If the method above doesn't work, try booting into STOCK recovery and wiping CACHE. Do NOT wipe data, just cache. Then attempt to boot into CWM.

2nd Alternative -

If that doesn't work, I would suggest backing up ALL your data, including your contacts then proceed with doing a Factory Reset within the Android System. (Mean to NOT do it in Recovery.)

How to do this.. Menu key >> Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset.

Then re download Bootstrap Recovery and make a Nandroid backup.

Titanium Backup - Apps and most System Data
SD Card - Contacts

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
1st Alternative -

If the method above doesn't work, try booting into STOCK recovery and wiping CACHE. Do NOT wipe data, just cache. Then attempt to boot into CWM.

2nd Alternative -

If that doesn't work, I would suggest backing up ALL your data, including your contacts then proceed with doing a Factory Reset within the Android System. (Mean to NOT do it in Recovery.)

SD Card - Contacts

How do you boot into STOCK recover?

I did what you suggested in your previous post (already had titanium installed) and the result is the same - screen goes to black, motorola m, followed by triangle with exclamation point.

Dustin.

Reaction score
1st Alternative -

2nd Alternative -

SD Card - Contacts

I did what you suggested in your previous post (already had titanium installed) and the result is the same - screen goes to black, motorola m, followed by triangle with exclamation point.

Turn phone completely off.
Slide out your keyboard.
Hold down POWER and X at the same time till the M Logo appears.
Release POWER but continue to hold X.
Android dude and exclamation point will appear.
Hit the SEARCH button on your keyboard.
Wipe Cache.
Reboot.

Afterwords try to Bootstrap Recovery and Reboot Recovery

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
1st Alternative -

2nd Alternative -

SD Card - Contacts

Slide out your keyboard.
Wipe Cache.
Reboot.

Tried the first alternative didn't work - phone just goes back to triangle with ex. point. Will try the 2nd alternative tomorrow.

If its this big of a deal just to backup everything, no way in hell I'm ever gonna mess with ROMs or themes...

thanks for the assistance though.

Dustin.

Reaction score

Slide out your keyboard.
Wipe Cache.
Reboot.

Tried the first alternative didn't work - phone just goes back to triangle with ex. point. Will try the 2nd alternative tomorrow.

If its this big of a deal just to backup everything, no way in hell I'm ever gonna mess with ROMs or themes...

thanks for the assistance though.

No, I can reassure you it's not even close to this much trouble. Usually this process is, Root, Bootstrap, Backup. And it takes less than 15 minutes for all 3.. I just don't see how your having so much trouble with all this.. If your still wanting help I'll provide it till I've ran out of solutions, and what I would try is doing a factory reset and retrying the Bootstrap App.

mattv111

Reaction score
When it gets to triangle with ex. Point press the search button on the keyboard (magnifying glass)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
When it gets to triangle with ex. Point press the search button on the keyboard (magnifying glass)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

He's already booted into stock recovery and done that.

He's doing the factory reset method tomorrow.

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score

2nd Alternative -

I don't understand why you are suggesting that I backup all my data...thats what I've been trying to do since the beginning...isn't that why I downloaded bootstrapper and rom manager to begin with?

So since bootstrapper and rom manager absolutely refuse to work, is there some other way I can back everything up?

Dustin.

Reaction score

2nd Alternative -

I don't understand why you are suggesting that I backup all my data...thats what I've been trying to do since the beginning...isn't that why I downloaded bootstrapper and rom manager to begin with?

So since bootstrapper and rom manager absolutely refuse to work, is there some other way I can back everything up?

Why I'm telling you to backup all your data is because you should try a Factory Reset. Then try bootstrapping again.

When you do a factory reset you lose all your data, hence why I'm telling you to back it all up and attempt to get Bootstrap working so you can have a Nandroid backup.

Let me go into a little more in-depth detail for you so you can better understand my instructions/reasoning..

Nandroid Backup - A FULL backup of your Android System. Includes - Data, Cache, Apps, Settings, Contacts, and everything that your phone was when you made that backup.

Backing up Data on your phone - This is to save your contacts, and Apps, so that way when you make a change say, install a Custom ROM you can get them back with ease instead of downloading all of them one-by-one.

Bootstrapper by Koush - Injects and sets up a Custom Recovery within your phone to allow the installation of Custom ROMs, Themes, and Updates created by Users, or Third Party creations, and to make full Nandroid backups of your phone in case of bootloops.

ROM Manager - Download ROMs, Mods, and other things that can make your phone look and operate differently. Also used to flash Clockwork Mod on to your phone, and fix permissions.

SD Card - Can be used in numerous ways to backup App Data, Contacts, and others. This is where all your Nandroid Backups, ROMs, and other information will be stored that you have downloaded and put on your phone.

Titanium Backup - Used to backup Apps+App Data. The easiest one-tap way to backup everything at once, instead of hooking up to WiFi and downloading everything at once.

Now since everything has been explained on what they do, and WHY I had you use them or mentioned them to you, I'll explain myself.

Since you can't boot into clockwork, neither ROM Manager nor Bootstrapper is working. I wanted you to backup your APPS and CONTACTS so you could do a Factory Reset and start fresh and see if Bootstrapper would work on a newly started System. Then if that solved the issue, you could boot into Clockwork Mod and make a full Nandroid Backup and continue to modify your phone to meet your needs if that's the road you choose to go down.