Rooted, now need to back everything up...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for bootstrapper! Let us know when you have it. Its in the market ($2 I think) or you can get it directly from Koush for free. I can post the link if needed.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
+1 for bootstrapper! Let us know when you have it. Its in the market ($2 I think) or you can get it directly from Koush for free. I can post the link if needed.

DroidForums junkie!!

I'll download it now, then what?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and select "bootstrap recovery", it'll just say successful. Then select "reboot recovery" which should reboot into clockworkmod.

DroidForums junkie!!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and select "bootstrap recovery", it'll just say successful. Then select "reboot recovery" which should reboot into clockworkmod.

DroidForums junkie!!

DroidForums junkie!!

did that, screen shows the green droid figure with a triangle over his head with an exclamation point in it...

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
pulled the battery, and the phone successfully loaded to my home screen. Everything seems okay. But did I successfully back everything up? If so, where can I find that file so I can put it on my PC?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, it just booted back up. Hang tight..

pulled the battery, and the phone successfully loaded to my home screen. Everything seems okay. But did I successfully back everything up? If so, where can I find that file so I can put it on my PC?

DroidForums junkie!!

maderschramm

Reaction score

no.

that sounds like regular android recovery to me. are you sure your phone is rooted properly? when you clicked on 'bootstrap recovery' did it ask for superuser permissions? I know it's for the dx (I was sent over here by someone else) but check out my backup/restore tutorial - it should be roughly the same as the dx process

Dustin.

Reaction score
Open DX/D2 Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Once in CWM go to BackUps and Restore
Backup

Let it run till it says Backup Complete.

Hit back button or Power for main menu.

Reboot System. And there you go, you have a backup of your phones current state.

Navagation goes with volume up and down buttons, choose your selection with the camera button. Or the physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID X.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thought I'd bring in some reinforcements! ;)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score

no.

that sounds like regular android recovery to me. are you sure your phone is rooted properly? when you clicked on 'bootstrap recovery' did it ask for superuser permissions? I know it's for the dx (I was sent over here by someone else) but check out my backup/restore tutorial - it should be roughly the same as the dx process

Yeah my phone is rooted properly, yeah it asked for superuser permissions.

Open DX/D2 Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Once in CWM go to BackUps and Restore
Backup

Let it run till it says Backup Complete.

Hit back button or Power for main menu.

Reboot System. And there you go, you have a backup of your phones current state.

Navagation goes with volume up and down buttons, choose your selection with the camera button. Or the physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID X.

When I hit Reboot Recovery in Bootstrapper the phone turns off and goes to the screen with the android and triangle with exclamation point - none of the buttons on the phone are responsive at this point - which is why I had to pull the battery last time

maderschramm

Reaction score
try uninstalling and reinstalling the bootstrapper. make sure you have the most up to date version

check here
You're going to want the link at the bottom for the Droid 2 Recovery

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
try uninstalling and reinstalling the bootstrapper. make sure you have the most up to date version

check here
You're going to want the link at the bottom for the Droid 2 Recovery

nope, still taking me to the screen with the triangle and exclamation point