1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted now how to remove apps

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Dragnz24, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dragnz24

Dragnz24 New Member

Now that I have had my DX for a couple of weeks now I finally rooted the phone. I am trying to remove that stupid block buster app but i guess i am going about it wrong. I am going to settings/applications/manage applications and trying to uninstall from there. what am i doing wrong?
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

You can't uninstall the bloatware from there. You'll need to get Titanium Backup Pro or Root explorer to do it.
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

You can't do it that way. The easiest way to do it is to D/L Root explorer and navigate to /system/app and rename the app you want to remove to: appname.apk.bak. then reboot.
  4. savageroot

savageroot New Member

I have an Incredible that I just rooted last night (2/17), I assume the process is the same for my device as well. I did what Tallica posted using the Super Manager app, I used the Amazon MP3 app as my test subject.

I renamed the file, adding ".bak" to the end of the file then rebooted my phone. The amazon app no longer shows in the app list (yay!) but did the application actually get removed from from the device or is it just hidden from view?

My goal here is to remove all of the nonsense that VZW has pushed to my phone. I have no need most, if not all, of the junk from VZW.

Any tips would be appreciated.
  5. abn75

abn75 New Member

It is not gone from your phone, renaming it simply removes it from the list of installed apps. If you really want to get them completely gone, make a nandroid and use root explorer and go in and delete them, that way if something goes fubar you can restore the nandroid. Personally I would just rename them and not worry about it.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2
Search tags for this page
after rooting galaxy 4s wich app can i delete
delete factory apps after root
delete unwanted apps on a rooted phone
how to delete apps on rooted phone
how to delete apps once phone is rooted
how to delete apps when i am rooted
how to delete factory apps after root
how to delete unwanted apps on rooted phone

how to remove apps after rooting

how to uninstall apps after rooting