1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted, no brightness 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dougw133, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Dougw133

Dougw133 New Member

I rooted my droid with the supplied link here

I also applied the tether app and it works great.

I noticed that I no longer have control over brightness in any way shape or form. This not the keyboard issue for 2.1 as I am running 2.0.1. My keyboard lights fine. Another issue is that the auto rotate is very slow now. I couldnt find anywhere where these were known issues on the version I used to root. How can I fix this?
  2. Deltantor

Deltantor New Member

I am having the same exact issue as well after applying the wireless tether app. It seems that automatic brightness works whereas any app to control brightness (or even the built in brightness control) does not work. It only started happening after I applied the updated kernel.
  3. 640k

640k New Member

what happens if you switch between auto and manual in the settings? can you put your phone under a light bulb and cover the sensor with your hand and get results?
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

That's disappointing to hear as I was planning on doing this tonight. Has anyone else who went through the wifi tether instructions had the same issue?
  5. Deltantor

Deltantor New Member

Messed around with it, and it seems that automatic brightness is still on even when I have turned automatic brightness off and messed with the slider a bit.
  6. 640k

640k New Member

so maybe it's an issue with a permissions setting or internal setting that switches between the two. just taking an educated guess...
  7. Natolx

Natolx New Member

I'm having the same issue after the replacing the kernal
  8. Dougw133

Dougw133 New Member

After taking a closer look auto bright is still functioning. I have no control to turn it off, or manually adjust the brightness level as you all are stating above. The other hug annoyance is the auto rotate. It works, but I have to literally shake the phone on it;s side to get it to realize where it is. Do we think this is related to the root I listed, or to the kernerl for the wifi tether?

I am really debating trying to get my droid back to stock. I love the wifi tether but it is only a matter of time before there is an easily installed app. I dont feel like the phone is near as responsive as it once was etc.. Post up if anyone get;s these issues solved.
  9. Deltantor

Deltantor New Member

Well, I am pretty sure it is the tether kernel because I had rooted my phone long before I installed the tether app and never had any issue. There are also at least two reports over @ http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10932-rom-2-1-rev-0-0-3-here-new-2-6-29-kernal.html saying they are having the same issue, and rev 0.0.3 just so happens to include the new kernel. Also a report of something similiar over @ AllDroid.org - View topic - VER 0.0.3 Released Here! See the post for changelog info...
  10. ocman

ocman New Member

I see it for sure. I have flashed the kernel back and forth and watched it go and come.

I love the wifi but full time 100% brightness pretty much ruins it for me. Boo..

Im sure someone will figure it out soon.
  11. ocman

ocman New Member

If auto brightness does work to any extent Im unable to notice it. Try looking at the screen at night OUCH!
  12. Dougw133

Dougw133 New Member

It does for me. If you are in bright light and cover the sensor with your finger it dims down. But way too much! Never realized how much I liked having control over screen brightness. Hopefully the "kernel" or whatever will get sorted out and it's a simple fix.