Rooted: News/Weather/Clock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by droijo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. droijo

droijo New Member

Hello all,

Just rooted.dancedroid

Everything seems to be working great aside from two little things. I use the news app on the android a lot and notice that it can not get any updates. Always says no network, yet I can go online and browse fine. The same thing is happening with the stock Clock App on 2.2 (which I assume replaces the 2.1 alarm clock) now. I can not get the weather to update either.

Is this a known issue?
  2. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I had the same issue... I had to replace the widget. I have no idea why that helped, but it did for me.
  3. droijo

droijo New Member

So which app or widget do you use for news now? I like the features the stock one offered. Top, world, entertainment, tech, sports.
  4. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Im running froyo but Ive recently had problems with the genie news and weather app, it always says that it cant connect to the server, yet it worked fine two days ago. I bought beautiful widgets and fell in love with the transparent clock and weather but it disappears from my home screen and my widgets list after about ten minutes and I cant get it back even though its installed. :( Im using "the weather channel" widget right now, its way uglier than BW but it will do...
Search tags for this page
weather apps for rooted android

weather apps for rooted phones