rooted n00b needs help

bmar2

Reaction score
i would like to start of by apologizing to everyone that reads this and thinks it's a waste of a thread; i am a complete n00b at this stuff. i just rooted my pro with superoneclick a few days ago, and i'm still figuring out things i can do with it now. one thing i want to do is install themes (i tried ADW and it was alright but i want better ones). i basically need step-by-step instructions with this (sorry again), like what to install on the phone, what to install on the computer... everything. any other suggestions of things i can do with this phone are welcome, and all help is appreciated!

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
sorry dude but if you want better themes then that you came to the wrong phone the droid pro is not in the state for doing that kinda stuff. you should get a older phone with unlocked bootloader chances are there is way more themes for it

nutpn

Reaction score
go

Go launcher is the one I like and its superb,but for good advice to you, at one time I was there and I will say it like my old Marine commander told me when I asked him a very Important question , Just Read and Read and Read some more,I have learned more reading the forums and sure there could have been step by step instructions all the time,but I believe thats how we learn more -is to fail some,then that way the next time you go to load the CM7 for droid pro, you will remember to wipe and back to stock or it will freeze in bootup,so take one subject you want to start with, google it or go join some droid forums and read and while you do read, you will also learn more and more,thanks and always ask Questions, the Devs dont mind, because at one time they was there too,so ask away and read you a few things and before long you will have this CM7 loaded and it will be rocking,cause this is one up and coming Roms for the droid pro,heck maybe the only one,its almost free of bugs and I loaded it last night and man its fast and stable,thanks Jackpot for all you and others have done, so far, thanks again and Semper Fi!

Last edited:

nutpn

Reaction score
how to add requests

Used to before latest GB for droid pro on the contacts you could choose to add each one,well in a way you can still do that, but you dont have the choice,now you have google,twitter,facebook and you can select just contacts with phone numbers out of this,I wished it could go back to where you can go in and select anyone of the contacts and add it,what do you think jackpotclavin,also on the screen timeout selection can we have Never added,thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are very few ROMs available. There will be one upcoming from 13thAngel, as he just got a DPro, but your options are limited.

BTW, you didn't have to root to install and use ADW.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
well right now framework made a miui build but it has it problems dont recommend it to anyone right now he is kinda busy with droid2 and droidx builds so im trying to do it myself right now but its not easy since the only language i know is visual basic im trying to get help from other devs so i get can get it up and running