Rooted my thunderbolt, now no GPS...

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I'm just a little nervous to flash a new rom. I dont know why but Im worried it will go wrong. I'm not too familiar with the process. In fact I'm surprised I was successful the first time. Would I need a radio package different from what I downloaded with CM7 in order to run liquid smooth or bamf?? Sorry I'm still a noob.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Haha no worries. We were all noobs at one point or another. You MIGHT be able to just get a gps lock on your stock Rom and then flash liquid smooth. I dont see why that wouldn't work either. I've only tried it from another sense Rom tho. Anyways. To flash a Rom MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR STOCK+ROOT Rom. That way if you screw up or something goes wrong like flashing a bad file etc. You could always recover and start over. with that said, when your ready, go to recovery and I MYSELF usually wipe cache/data factory reset, wipe cache partitions, go to advance and wipe dalvik cache, go back one then go to mounts/storage and format system. After that go back one again and chose zip from SD and flash your Rom. Just dont forget to make a backup of current Rom before flashing for emergencies. :) radio wise, you can try liquid smooth on stock radio if you want, any gingerbread radio will do to. The official MR2 radio worked best for me on that rom

http://teambamf.net/showthread.php/242-Radios!

Link to radios on team BAMF right above. You need to Sign up for the forums tho.

Incase you don't know how to flash a radio, just download the radio file to the root of your sd card and make sure its labeled as "PG05IMG.zip". Load up bootloader (hold down the down volume plus power button while phone is off, once its loaded up, it will ask if you want to update. Select yes by pressing up on volume :)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score
Haha no worries. We were all noobs at one point or another. You MIGHT be able to just get a gps lock on your stock Rom and then flash liquid smooth. I dont see why that wouldn't work either. I've only tried it from another sense Rom tho. Anyways. To flash a Rom MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR STOCK+ROOT Rom. That way if you screw up or something goes wrong like flashing a bad file etc. You could always recover and start over. with that said, when your ready, go to recovery and I MYSELF usually wipe cache/data factory reset, wipe cache partitions, go to advance and wipe dalvik cache, go back one then go to mounts/storage and format system. After that go back one again and chose zip from SD and flash your Rom. Just dont forget to make a backup of current Rom before flashing for emergencies. :) radio wise, you can try liquid smooth on stock radio if you want, any gingerbread radio will do to. The official MR2 radio worked best for me on that rom

Link to radios on team BAMF right above. You need to Sign up for the forums tho.

Incase you don't know how to flash a radio, just download the radio file to the root of your sd card and make sure its labeled as "PG05IMG.zip". Load up bootloader (hold down the down volume plus power button while phone is off, once its loaded up, it will ask if you want to update. Select yes by pressing up on volume :)

Thanks a ton for the help I will give it a shot probably with my stock rom and then try loading CM7 again :).

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score

By nandroid backup im assuming you mean go into rom manager and backup through that? I did that and downloaded bamf forever rom through rom manager as well. Now just do a wipe and flash bamf?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Yeah you can back up in Rom manager but I usually do it in recovery. But same thing. Anyways, I've never downloaded a Rom from Rom manager, I've always got it off their website. Just make sure its legitimate. BAMF roms are usually like 360mb or so. But yeah i would go ahead and flash as long as you have your backup. Lemme know how it goes

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score
Yeah you can back up in Rom manager but I usually do it in recovery. But same thing. Anyways, I've never downloaded a Rom from Rom manager, I've always got it off their website. Just make sure its legitimate. BAMF roms are usually like 360mb or so. But yeah i would go ahead and flash as long as you have your backup. Lemme know how it goes

Worked perfectly. Got the bamf with sense 3.0 and I might give it a shot for a while. I like 3.0's animations. Much better than 2.0. And gps works now :). Thanks for your help!

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score
I do have one issue though. I have the old Android market instead of the new one. Any ideas?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I do have one issue though. I have the old Android market instead of the new one. Any ideas?

Hey glad you got it working :) and yeah its the old market first time or two you visit it. It's like that everytime the phone starts fresh. Try it again, it should have updated by now

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score
Been almost 24 hours since I flashed bamf and I was in the market numerous times yesterday. Still hasn't updated. If It's not up by this afternoon I'll post something.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Been almost 24 hours since I flashed bamf and I was in the market numerous times yesterday. Still hasn't updated. If It's not up by this afternoon I'll post something.

Hmm I've never had that issue. If you continue to have the problem I would ask directly on the teambamf.net forum on the BAMF forever thread and get an answer right away (usually)

Anyways. Try restarting your phone, I usually restart my phone once or twice after I flash a Rom and its settled.

OP
afrchutch

afrchutch

Reaction score
Hmm I've never had that issue. If you continue to have the problem I would ask directly on the teambamf.net forum on the BAMF forever thread and get an answer right away (usually)

Anyways. Try restarting your phone, I usually restart my phone once or twice after I flash a Rom and its settled.

Ya It's still the old version. Even after several reboots and a full day later. I will ask bamf and see if they have a fix. Thanks for your help with this whole thing. I think I got the hang of it.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Ya It's still the old version. Even after several reboots and a full day later. I will ask bamf and see if they have a fix. Thanks for your help with this whole thing. I think I got the hang of it.

Hey no problem man :) that's what this forum is all about. Give help, receive help