1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooted my droid. now what?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by skylinetrxgedy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. skylinetrxgedy

skylinetrxgedy New Member

i just rooted my droid 1. running stock frg33d - rooted. ive looked thru a bunch of threads, not sure exactly what kernals are or how roms work.
  2. Jaycea22

Jaycea22 New Member

What was your primary reason for rooting? Before I rooted my Droid I did tons of research as to the reasons why I was going to root. There are tons of things you can do now. Overclock, load new roms, try different themes etc

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Yeah, usually people root with a goal in mind. Do you have anything you want to achieve??

Sent from my Droid
  4. skylinetrxgedy

skylinetrxgedy New Member

Well I was gonna overclock my droid, but started looking into in more, and I'm not quite sure what kernals are, or what exactly roms are either. I just have to do a little research, I haven't rly had time to read up on it. So I can't really be too sure what I wanna do until I know what things are first. So I was looking for some oppinions on why others rooted, and what they did with their droids to get some ideas.
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

After reading up on everything there is only one route to go, install a Source ROM, possibly a theme (depending on what ROM you choose to install) maybe even a kernel and be prepared to have your socks blown off

Nothing beats your first ROM, mine was AdamZ Smoked Glass...with the ROM's that are out these days it should be an even better experience

But as others have said, read first and ask any questions you might have, this is why we are here :)

:welcome: to the DarkSide and Happy ROM Flashing
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

and always, always, always Make A Back-Up First