rooted my charge - what apps

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by abullock22, Nov 23, 2011.

1. abullock22

abullock22 New Member

Since i felt this phone is fairly dissapointing i decided to go ahead and root last night. now curious as to what apps i should be looking at. i can tell its become quite a bit snappier with the gb latest build so starting to get excited at the possibilities. specifically i want to know if thas any gps improvements as this is detrimental to my job.
    i have installed superuser and the voltage app so what more do i need...are there specifically better apps or is it more under the hood improvements .
  2. abullock22

abullock22 New Member

Nobody?
  3. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Asking what apps to get is such a loaded question. It depends on you and what you want to do now that you are rooted. You can flash new ROMS, Themes, and radios/modems to your phone now.

If you want to write scripts you can get Terminal Emulator. If you want to explore your internal memory you can get Root Explorer. There is an app for blocking advertisements when you are rooted, ADDFree.

I can not remember all the apps I have that require root. (I remember them when I need them.) Oh there is ShootMe for taking screen shots, I believe that requires root.

I do not know if this app requires root, but GPS Status, has a compass that shows which satellites you are conned to and how strong the signals are etc. If you are having GPS problems, this is a good visual tool instead of staring at the thing in notification bar go up and down.

If you are having data problems, you can research and install different radio/modem packages that may improve the performance of your radios.

Just experiment and read up on what is interesting to you.
  4. lbo

lbo New Member

Titanium backup and battery calibration will serve you well.
Search tags for this page
driod charge rooted now what
droid charge root apps not working
important apps for rooted droid charge review
must have apps for samsung charge

samsung charge rooted apps