Rooted Motorola Droid - phone shuts off after taking pix

newbie48

Reaction score
Have rooted Motorola Droid - phone shuts off after taking pix or video and phone gets hot

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A few answers will be helpful

Are you running a custom ROM

Are you using an Over Clocking Kernel

How did you Root

OP
N

newbie48

Reaction score
A friend did this and now is not around to help. How do I find out those answers?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings/About Phone

Android Version=

Kernel Version=

Build Number=

OP
N

newbie48

Reaction score
Firmware version: 2.0.1
Kernel version: 2.6.29-compcache06_unionfs253-sholes-omap1-hg383e38baeecb-dirty
build number: Droidmod 164 (1.0)

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all you are on a very old O/S Android 2.2 is the newest version, and build number (Droid Mom) I have never heard of that

How do you know your Device is Rooted, do you have the SuperUser Ninja or Pirate Icon in your app drawer

I am also curious what "Recovery" you have, you can tell this by powering down the device and powering up by Holding down the Power and X key until a "Recovery" screen comes up

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Droid mod is one of the originators of great roms of the 2.0.1 era they still have a custom rom section, all you have to do is fine your self a rom to your liking and enjoy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

newbie48

Reaction score
I have the SuperUser Ninja icon, and SPRecovery also that was Droidmod - sorry spelled wrong. Can I get this off to get the new update?

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea just choose a rom from the custom rom section on your comp, then backup whatever you need, move the zip file to your memory card and rename to update, wipe data and cache,install zip and ur done

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
SPRecovery is what you need to have and the SU Ninja is a good sign too

You may just pick a ROM made to work with SPR boot into recovery, wipe data and cache and install your 2.2 based ROM

OP
N

newbie48

Reaction score
Do you have a step by step recommendation on how to do this and what is best? As the friend did this, I don't even know where to start. I have no files of what he did.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted links to two of the best IMO out right now, follow the links and instructions should be there, I am on the go and will only be able to help out a little bit, see what you can figure out and post back here if you have some specific questions

OP
N

newbie48

Reaction score
Does that give me the 2.2 upgrade also? I'll try the links you recommend and thank you for your help.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will be running the newest 2.2 that is out, and I highly recommend Ultimate Droid 8.0

Anything else just let me know ;)