[Rooted/Kernel] Droid Bionic

I

iTz_I3urn

Hello,
I have a droid bionic that is rooted and it is nice and smooth. I was wondering if theres any custom kernels out there for the bionic if so where can i find them (post link if possible)

Graymayre

Reaction score
As of the last I heard, you can't install custom kernels due to the locked bootloader. Someone correct me if my info is out of date.

From my BIONIC running Eclipse 2.2 Red Carbon

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Graymayre... you using a rom right? If you are can you receive incoming calls?

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yes and yes. That doesn't require a custom kernel though, as the ROM is built on the stock firmware and radio. Roms do require the certain updates that install the new radio firmware so that it is compatible with the build. If you don't have the right one, it won't work. That's why you see where it is posted that you have the 902 build installed first and stuff like that.

From my BIONIC running Eclipse 2.2 Red Carbon

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
iTz_I3urn- the bionic can be overclocked, you can flash the kernel module that allows manual overclocking, but not the whole kernel, there is a script to fully activate both cores too. HERE is the link for how to flash the module and manually overclock it from terminal. Read OPPtimizer Projekt threads to find that dual core activation stuff, if I'm not mistaken it's a couple of lines of honeycomb code you manually put into GB from terminal, not my kind of mods yet, I'm old and I've got bad eyesight, hard to use terminal. I'll wait until somebody wraps the script parts up in a nice gui, so all you have to do is flash the kernel module and move the sliders. why don't you buy a $30-40 D1 and do EVERYTHING possible to it to make you not be starvin' so bad to mod your bionic before all the methodology is worked out vis a vis the bootloader. I've got a "therapy" D1, I flash it back and forth between SS 5.4 at 1.25 GHz and Peter Alfonso GB with a 1 GHz and load up all the apps via wifi in airplane mode, get the themes where I like them, find another rom, and start all over again, play with which rom with which GAPPS and which icons, widgets, kernel, partitioning and swapfile setup, etc. It's fun and I get to keep my flashing, wiping, restoring skills sharp for when the bionic bootloader IS cracked or unlocked by moto. Most of my bionic mods so far have just been rooting so that I can manually change boot animations, freeze apps, get good backups, etc and making sure I keep them on the OTA path

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Im not a big fan of the sliding keyboard on the D1. But i have had so many issues with roms... i brick my device or soft brick it. The last time i used a rom (super gummy kang ics) it wouldnt let me get out of the rom. I backed up my data from the stock (basic) and it wouldnt let me install it so i was stuck with the super gummy kang rom that had NO: 3g/4g, no incoming calls and those three things i need to go throughout my day. I want a rom that wont mess up my calls (incoming, and outcalling) and i want it to have 3g/4g and super fast.. or have amazing battery. Does the rom you use provide that? If so whats it called?

deduct

Reaction score
Its sounds to me like you forgot to flash the gapps right after you flashed gummy kang rom. I have used gummy with success. I like it, but the phone would occasionally freeze up requiring a battery pull and no video recording is annoying as I use that quite a bit.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic