Rooted, installed Froyo now wifi doesnt work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cnmsales, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

If someone could please help me I would be greatly appreciative. Last night I rooted my Moto Droid. I installed the froyo update linked to in the instructions in the other hacking forum here. I then installed the PS3 UL125 kernal. Since doing this my wifi does not work. When I turn it on, it tries to connect to the AP but site on Obtaining IP and just hangs there. Eventually it will rescan and do the same thing.

Im loving having the phone rooted and everything else is working perfectly. But the main reason for rooting was for the wifi tethering. If someone could please help.

Thank You
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What Froyo ROM did you install? Also, I suggest trying a few other kernels because I bet its a kernel issue. If kernel changing doesn't fix it I might suggest trying a different Froyo ROM or reinstalling...
  3. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

4. darklancer567

darklancer567 New Member

Try one of ChevyNo1's kernels. I had the same issue using that guide. Once installed my wifi worked and my phone even handles OC'ing better without getting too hot (ULV all the way).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Ok, tried a new kernal. Wifi seems to be working properly now. Thanks for your help!!!
  6. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

I was already on a p3 ulv , ive now switched to p3 Standard 250 1100 and everything seems to be working good now. How can i monitor my temp and what is the max I want to go w temp?
  7. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Ok so I take that back. When I got to work it worked fine on there wifi. Just simple wep security. But when I got home still not working. I hve MAC address controll turned on w/ my router so I am guessing this is cauing it not to work at home.
Search tags for this page

rooted my andoird and changed rom but wifi doesnt work

rooted my phone and now my videos dont work