1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooted FROYO...droid keeps shutting off

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by beast30, Jun 13, 2010.

1. beast30

beast30 New Member

Let me please say THANK YOU!!!! for the everyone posts on how to root 2.1 to froyo...........this is unbelievable!!! I was starting to think I was going to trade in my moto droid for something HTC but I no longer yern for that pleasure..ha ha. However...now that I have rooted and i'm running froyo when ever my phone goes into "sleep" mode (screen turns off) I can't get the screen to come back online. I've hit the power botton, camera button and the volume and still no luck. Then I have to HARD re-boot in order for the phone to either turn back on or recieve any "key" inputes. I just tried it (while charging) and it goes to a black screen after screen timeout and I'm able to to wake it up with the power botton while it is takn a charge but when it is standing alone when the screen time-outs...I get bring the screen back to life. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. filkbomb

filkbomb New Member

Are you using You Mail? I heard You Mail causes problems with phone turning on from sleep mode and rebooting randomly.
  3. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

WOW thank you so much for this information. MY foyo has been randomly rebooting and I didn't know why. This I think this is the solution. It started to piss me off. I am going to remove youmail and see how it goes.
  4. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Beast and Predator, I fully sympathize with both of you.

For some reason, my Droid isn't compatible with froyo 2.2 in any of the flavors I have tried (first leak, second leak, UD, and BB). I have that problem with coming out of Standby, unlocking from the slider screen, black screens unresponsive to any touch input or hard key input, SEVERE lagging, etc.

I have tried EVERYTHING. Flashing back to stock 2.1 (rooted), then flashing the roms mentioned above, all of them were done after wiping the data and cache multiple times before installation. Tried loading a different launcher (adw) which helped quite a bit, but ultimately, the Droid still had problems. Both SPRecovery and CWmod were used, both had the same results.

I thought there was an app that I was running that hardly no one else was running, because everyone seems to love froyo, but I haven't figured it out yet. The thing is, even if I bypass the Activate your phone screen and don't restore any apps, the Droid behaves poorly, so I don't think it is a problem with any apps I have.
  5. filkbomb

filkbomb New Member

You can try deleting the /sdcard/clockwork/downloads folder and try to redownload the roms. Make sure it downloads with no interuptions when downloading. Sounds like corrupt files. But its hard to believe that all those roms you downloaded were corrupt.
  6. beast30

beast30 New Member

Now it seems to be working fine....sweet......hope it stays like that. dancedroid
  7. haledroid

haledroid New Member

Everyone with problems..did you reset your phone to factory defaults and clear cache when you upgraded to froyo?

If not then that is your problem.
  8. jev

jev Member

When I got constant reboots it was the kernel I was using. The one that gave me fits was Chevy's uLV 1250. I went to his uLV 1200 and have had no further reboots.
  9. embum

embum New Member

I started getting random reboots with chevy's ulv 1200 tonight. Had to switch back to p3s. battery is not as good though
  10. SDI

SDI New Member

Maybe you can help me then. I have loaded all the roms out there for 2.2 and i always wipe data and cache and yet when it runs for a little bit it seems to run fine then i start to click apps and it freezes then close to sleep and will not wkae up anymore and i have to do a battery pull. I have tried everything,,, i have not loaded aps but what the system downloads at boot, i have tried leaving live wallpapers off and setcpu,,, let me know what is left?
  11. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I was getting freezes and reboots at first. I installed Launcher Pro Beta and they have gone away. I think it is the stock launcher causing some of these problems.

Nate
  12. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

No its not the stock launcher. It is infact youmail. When installing bb 0.1 i diod a full wipe and isntalled youmail this is what cuased the crashing. Since removing the app I have not had one crash! Im so happy!
  13. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Ive never even used youmail but my phone was doing the same thing, freezing, shutting off at random, really laggy. Installing Launcher Pro did the trick for me as well. The only weird thing is the phone worked fine when I would take off all my music from the SD card. But the moment I loaded back on, the phone would start to crash again(before the new launcher).
  14. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

A helpful thing to do would be to monitor the logcat output upon a bootup. i had a similar issue, and i eventually tracked mine down to having a custom ringtone stored on the sd card, but the phone would try to play this ringtone when the the card was being mounted.... but it wasn't fully mounted, ringtone unreachable, phone crashed.
  15. Dudeicus_Maximus

Dudeicus_Maximus New Member

I'm running stock Froyo, rooted, overclocked with Chevy's ULV 1Ghz kernel, Launcher Pro, and mine shuts down at random as well. It happens very rarely. What you said about the music on the SD card makes me wonder if the shut downs are a kernel panic caused by the OS indexing the files on the SD card. We are using an unofficial/unfinished and modified build after all.
  16. huggybear

huggybear New Member

Yeah I would love to find out why exactly the music causes issues with 2. 2on my phone. For now, I'm using my old bb storm as a music player till I can resolve the issue.
  17. Appleanche

Appleanche New Member

What kernal are you using? it could mean your Droid can't handle that voltage and or clock speed.

Or, see if you are holding the camera button or volume buttons when trying to wake the phone, many custom roms have a quick shut down option (holding the camera button) and frankly it's really easy to shut it down by mistake, especially if you are like me and tend to be pressing the power button in your pocket while holding it.. the first day I easily must have shut it down about a dozen times.
Search tags for this page

android phone keeps shutting down

droid4 keeps shutting off and resetting when pushing the top

froyo shuts down date and time resets

i'm rooted but now phone powers off

rooted android phone keeps turning off and on

what causes rooted phone to turn on and off