Rooted, Free Wifi Tether worked and now won't?

psyhcopig

Reaction score
It's been roughly two weeks now that I've had my Droid 2, I'm a technophile so after the first week of play I rooted it and started playing around with apps and customization, the day I installed Free Wifi Tether it worked fine aside from a few problems with random Disconnects, it was amazing. I work all the time, and at that, nightshift, so I'm asleep usually or working so I haven't had to use it again until this week in which the Wifi activates like normal, except PC's can no longer connect to it. So I went out and tried to get Wired Tether in hopes it would work, sadly no go (Unless there's a PC end part to Wired Tether) Instead I've been using the free version of EasyTether and sadly because the household used it before I got my droid the trail has passed and I can't access HTTPS, which sucks.

Really the only thing I've altered from the stock Droid 2 are random Apps I found interesting, I haven't installed any ROMs or Themes or anything like that (Yet... :3). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the rooting process and Wifi Tether several times, even found different laptops to see if it was the laptop... Sadly, no go. I haven't the foggiest as to why my Tether no longer works. Yes, I've got Wifi enabled when trying to use it, and I'm positive I'm rooted, and rooted correctly. Halp please... I really don't want to be forced to buy EasyTether... If anyone has a rooted Tethering solution alternative, that'd be great.

By the way, I've tried Barnacle and the same effect, it works normally as if it should be emitting wifi, but isn't... And sadly I'm not paying for the Hotspot thing, so I can't tell if it's just my droid in total which is acting up.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
PDAnet and Easytether both require a PC end part of the app for it to work, IMO it is the easier route. I too had difficulties with wifi, first with wifi tether but then tried barnacle and so far so good. Results vary from phone to phone.

Sent from Droid2