1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted for Froyo, now poor service?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brybe, Jun 15, 2010.

1. brybe

brybe New Member

Hello all,

I am coming to you with a problem I am having. I have service in some places and all works great but at work and home where I normally got 2-3 bars (3g would hesitate but I would just have to wait longer) now I get 0-1 bars and calls go through maybe 1 out of 5 times.

What I did:

Yesterday I rooted my phone and installed 2.2 from this site:
    How To: Get Android 2.2 (Froyo) On Your Motorola Droid Right Now! | The Unlockr

I did everything step for step except I skipped the ROM part.

Today, I did this:
    When it Rains, it Pours: Newest Radio File for the Motorola Droid C_01.43.01P

step for step and it did not help. I have searched and searched but cannot find the answer. I had slower internet at home and work but it NEVER cut out. Now it will cut out consistently.

Another symptom I'm having is the signal is inconsistent. Places where I have 4 brars will always shoot immediately to 0-1 bars as soon as I dial a number.

It's almost as if the service status bars aren't accurate at all. It will jump from 5 bars to 0 bars as it pleases.

This is real frustrating.

Help please, I am getting use to the overclock and 2.2 and do not want to go back :(

I'm not sure if linking other sites is allowed and I apologize if it isn't but I felt it necessary to give you guys all the information in order to possibly help me out.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

Did you do *228 opt 2?
  3. brybe

brybe New Member

Yes, I did. I did *228 1 to activate and *228 2 for roaming update

I don't know anything about this, but is there a way to get the baseband I was using on my stock 2.1 on my phone now, rooted with 2.2?

All I know is it worked great before I touched my phone. It actually even worked the night I rooted but then the next day at work/apt service is horrible.
  4. brybe

brybe New Member

fyi I am currently running baseband C_01.43.01P

Also, Kernel version 2.6.32.9-P3DroidsWorld#15 on Android 2.2

Dunno if that helps.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  5. taeratrin

taeratrin New Member

I am having the same problem. At work, I normally see 3-4 bars, but when I make a call, it drops to 1-2. This is with Froyo FRF57 with the 2.6.32.9-P3Droids kernel. Baseband was updated to C_01.41.00R, then to C_01.43.01P. Same issue occurred on all three basebands. Maybe it's a problem with the kernel? I'll try a different one later today and report back.
  6. brybe

brybe New Member

Yes, please report back.

If anyone else has input, I would appreciate it.
  7. taeratrin

taeratrin New Member

Switching to a Chevy kernel does not appear to help. Running out of ideas here.
  8. brybe

brybe New Member

I want to try using the 2.1 baseband but no one will tell me if that's possible
  9. slaz

slaz New Member

I'm running 2.2 with the 2.1 stock baseband (never upgraded that part; C_01.3E.03P). I don't have any issues; similar/same as stock 2.1 reception. I never tried going to more recent basebands to see if it makes any difference though.
  10. brybe

brybe New Member

I went back to taht one earlier and everything seems better.. Real test will be when I get back to my apartment tonight.
  11. taeratrin

taeratrin New Member

Yeah, I just went back to C_01.3E.03P. The signal is pretty stable now, except when I go to make a call; it still drops back to 2 bars.
  12. brybe

brybe New Member

So I am getting a new phone from verizon sent to me. I could never figure it out. Even when I went into the verizon store (all 2.1 stock with the same baseband as the one in the store) the droid in the store got about 75-80 DbM while my phone was consistently at 100-105.

I don't understand what the problem was but it makes me scared to root again.
  13. brybe

brybe New Member

UPDATE: Went back to stock 2.1 and got a new phone from verizon (store manager offered me a new one almost immediately no questions asked as I clearly was getting worse service than the droid's in the store). I am now running BB fr84b with a 1.1ghz overclock and everything is as it should be...

Not sure what went wrong before but new one works great...
  14. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle New Member

I noticed my call quality/ ability to dial has tanked since I rooted 2-3 days ago.
  15. brybe

brybe New Member

That's exactly what happened to me. No data either.
  16. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Just try a different baseband
  17. TheCheeze

TheCheeze New Member

I also have had this problem since upgrading to Froyo. I have tried updating the baseband and the stock kernel to fix it to no avail.

-edit- I am on BuglessBeast 0.4