Rooted Flashed to Metro PCS Moto Droid but can't get Web,MMS,and ect..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by baboulou, Jul 22, 2010.

1. baboulou

baboulou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a flashed and rooted metro pcs motorola droid but the only thing is i need help is having web, mms, apps and the rest to work, and is there any way someone can help me, because i only have voice and text working, i heard its possible, and can be done, but i dont know how?

2. yulaw84

yulaw84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you flash your Droid to Metro Pcs manually? I paid a person to flash my stock 2.1 Droid and everything is working fine - talk, text, mms, gps, wifi, web.

From what I've read, metroweb won't work if you update to Froyo 2.2.

I am saving $60-$70 a month and I even get unlimited international calling to most countries with Metro Pcs. Just sweet! Been abusing all the unlimited everything perks and prank calling Cannucks.

3. cobra2

cobra2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. I'm in Canada. I used to have MetroPCS when I lived in ATL. Are you in an area that has EVDO or is the unlimited internet on your Droid a bit slow?

4. yulaw84

yulaw84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work in Philadelphia area and only get the 1x sign so internet is a bit slow. I only use the browser when on a WiFi spot so not really too bummed about the slow carrier internet.The GPS is a blessing for when I'm walking around the business district and want to dine in some obscure restaurant I've never been before.

My experience with MetroPcs so far has been positive, no contracts and I just set my monthly payments to automatic card pay. Glad I switched to MetroPCS with my verizon droid. The one drawback to MetroPcs is their limited and overpriced selection of phones.

I'll probably keep the Droid for 1 more year. Not impressed at all with Droid 2 with just minor cosmetic changes and only a small bump in processing power. Droid X is okay but I prefer to have a qwerty keyboard as it allows for much faster texting during traffic light stops. Droid X's screen is a definite improvement, but in all honesty, who watches vids using their cellphones? We have laptops for that. A lot of guys will probably buy it for better Fapping experience in the office bathroom I guess. Oh no he DIdeEent!

5. cobra2

cobra2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd be amazed at how many people use the Droid to watch video's. I convert tv shows that I record with mythtv and just watch them while I wait for my wife to get off work.

6. kalifa

kalifa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is flashed and rooted too

My Droid has been flashed and rooted too... Does your tethering works? mine does send a signal and my laptop does read it as an internet signal... but the signal does not have internet... everything else works fine...
    Other question: I was using the skype thingy and i just got a message saying my skype trial period has expired.. i thought by having the phone rooted everything will work unlimited. did i do something wrong? i did not touch any setting on the phone, however i did format the SD card. I have no clue if that messed up my swype Ap or not.
    My main concern though is to get the tethering to work and also if anyone could tell me where to download some free APS :)

7. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    There are thousands of free apps in the market. If you are asking where to dl paid apps for free....we do NOT condone this!!! Just pay the lousy buck or two to support the dev.

8. kalifa

kalifa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    leaving the paying for aps out of the conversation, im still unable to get the tethering to work on the droid.
    I ha wireless tether for rooted users as well as easy tether free version and none of them provide me a good internet signal to my laptop.
    Does any of you know if the Metro Pcs plan has anything to do with this. i am currently enrolled on the 40 bucks a month and have no prob to switching to the 60 bucks for smart phones plan. however, from what i read on this forums is that the plan doesn't really matter. Everything else works fine on the phone, except for picture messaging... for whatever reason it does not send the pictures unless using gmail.
    Is there an Ap on the market that may fix this problem? thx in advance for the response.

9. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Sure. Tell us how you "flashed to Metro PCS" and you can have all the answers.

E

10. kalifa

kalifa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed to metro.

I did not do it myself... i payed a guy in Fullerton, CA. 85 bucks and he took it somewhere. i was already a client of metro PCS but he told me for new customers it was 110 and 100 with a coupon.
    (714)360-8938 dont remember his name.. and dont know where could you find a coupon.
    Back t the subject of "does metro support tethering" if anyone has any idea how to do it or if its not possible please reply. thank you in advance.

11. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

IF the following are true:
    1. Your data connection works fine
    2. You are rooted
    3. You have installed a kernel which supports tethering (e.g. ChevyNo1, P3Droid, etc.)

You can use WiFi-Tether or barnacle tether and it will work just fine. The "stock tether app" probably will not.

E
    P.S. You gave a guy from FULLERTON your Droid? Seriously? wow ;)

12. kranthi1245

kranthi1245 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    could you plz tell me how you hav flased to metro pcs......

13. altspeed

altspeed Active Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Ratings:
    +17
    Try foxfi from the market for the tether maybe. Works like jesus on amphetamines on verizon. Email the dev.and maybe shoot him a little scrilla (a small donation)and maybe he'll tweak it for pcsmetro and we can all benefit. I've got a D1 I'd love to flash to metro myself if i can find the package to flash it with

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

714-360-8938

flashed phone to metro and can't receive pics
metro pcs phone wont go online
my galaxy s3 internet is slow after flashing to metro pcs
root metro pcs android phone
rooted metro pcs phone unable to go online
why caint i get internet on my metro phone
why cant i get pics on my flashed droid razar
why wont my flashed phone get internet
why wont my galaxy s4 send pictures