rooted ERIS and OC

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by KOS1100, Mar 22, 2010.

1. KOS1100

KOS1100 New Member

i just rooted my droid eris to 2.1 and i am loving it. 2.1 utilizes the memory alot better on the eris than 1.5 did and it is much faster, but i want it faster.

i downloaded the overclock app and gave it a try i want to OC to 600mhz (plz don't tell me that is damaging, i know the risk and i have overclocked everything i have touched without problem) but i keep getting an error message basically saying my phone is not rooted WTF! of course it is. i have tried all the oc apps in the store including the non free ones and they all say there is no root file. so am i going to have to go into the Kurnal and edit something or will ocing just simply wont work without heavy coding. either way isnt a problem for me but i just want to know if there is something in the kurnal that someone can direct me to to fix this, so i dont have to spend hours looking for it. thank you
  2. woodyman

woodyman New Member Developer

Welcome to the fourms man, but you probably should have posted this is the droid eris section, cause most of the people who look here have moto droids, so posting there might get you an answer alot faster.. but i'll tell you what i know.. :icon_ banana:

in order to OC you need a custom kernal that allows OC the stock kernals that come on the droid/eris will not allow OC so you will have to modify it first.. im not real sure how to do this or build a custom kernal but im sure someone can help you out..

i tried.. lol
  3. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

also make sure you are selecting the AutoDetect option in the SetCPU app and by not having a root file are you meaning you dont the app says you dont have root access or you dont have the over clock kernel you might want to clearify that if you repost in the other forum

root explorer is a good app to test to see if your root is working or not

if you are getting a pop up that says allow or deny root access you have root working make sure to hit the check box for always allow