1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted DX won't install new update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big Fish, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Big Fish

Big Fish New Member

I rooted my phone using this tutorial and I removed some of the "bloatware" like Kindle, Amazon, City ID, Skype and so on. Today, I saw that there was an update available (2.3.340). I figured that I would have to re-root my phone after the update and that's not a problem, but the update fails every time.

I tried to unroot using the same tutorial, but that didn't go as expected. The last command returned an error saying the device or resource is busy (or something like that). I tried to update again, but it didn't work.

Do I have to restore all the bloatware and then update?

Current System version: 2.3.15
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Yes, All stock apps must be on the device.
  3. Big Fish

Big Fish New Member

Reinstalling all that bloatware was a pain in the butt, but I successfully got the update and then re-rooted. All is good again.

Thanks!
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    This is why most people suggest making a Ti Backup of all your stuff as soon as you're rooted and then just restoring that as soon as you need to update -- or sbfing back to stock and updating before rerooting.
  5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+100! This is why I always recommend freezing bloatware vs uninstalling. MUCH easier to thaw them out and update than having to sbf.

DroidForums junkie!!