Rooted Droid2 & iTouch Tethering

micp1480

Reaction score
Ok, here is what my problem is. I have rooted my Droid 2, and downloaded a program to make my Droid 2 a hot spot. Some peolpe can connect with me, but my daughters who have the itouch, can see me, but can't connect to me. Is there something in the settings for either one of us that we should be doing? Thank you.

MICP1480

Reaction score
Looking through the settings should be a lot easier than rooting the phone. Go download wireless tether for root users. Check and see if that works.

Btw, no such thing as iTouch.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mewshi

Reaction score
Look into whether or not the ipod touch supports ad-hoc wifi. If not... there are ways around that :)

napjester

Reaction score
1. Lets not nerd out here guys. You knwo full well he was talking about the ipod touch...
2. I used the program Wireless Tether and it worked fine with my wife's iTOUCH :)P)

turdbogls

Reaction score
1. Lets not nerd out here guys. You knwo full well he was talking about the ipod touch...
2. I used the program Wireless Tether and it worked fine with my wife's iTOUCH :)P)

i have also used wireless tether with success on my ipod touch

Reaction score

Regardless, I still tried to help the guy. I only pointed out that there really isn't an iTouch. It's just a huge misconception. Obviously I know people mean the iPod Touch.

napjester

Reaction score
No worries mark, just busting your chops!

Inverse

Reaction score
I actually think calling it iTouch sounds catchier. Sounds like missed marketing opportunity there. Lol