1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Droid X on Rooted 4.5.596 wanting liberty!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ttreed07, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ttreed07

ttreed07 New Member

So i am pretty new to all of this, and thus far i have been able to get to a rooted .596 and i have downloaded the liberty donate toolbox and i want to download the rom liberty 07. i know that i will need to do a factory wipe, but before doing i need to create a backup.

my question is, how do i create the backup and what all will that be able to restore on my phone once restored? thank you.
  2. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Boot into clockwork with d2 bootstrap recovery, go to backup/restore and click backup. This will backup EVERYTHING. It creates an image of your system at that exact moment in time (sms, emails etc..) then do a wipe and install liberty, reboot. Liberated!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7
  3. joeshell20

joeshell20 New Member

You have to download the recovery for droid2 from jrummy in the market since you already have gingerbread. Its only a buck or two. It allows you to make a complete system backup and restore it if you have problems with your device. Word of caution though. Understand what your doing before you do it, and learn how to use an sbf in case you can't get into the recovery if you flash the wrong rom.

Sent from my go go gadget DROIDX. I wonder if the x3 will include an expresso maker?
  4. ttreed07

ttreed07 New Member

Thank you guys, i already have bootstrap for d2 and have just created a backup. In i am about to download the liberty from the toolbox. in the case that this goes terribly wrong, how could i do the sbf? i have read a lot about it and still don't understand it completely, i am also using a macbook pro, i know it's a sin but it's what i have, will that be a problem with sbf?
  5. ldopa

ldopa New Member

6. joeshell20

joeshell20 New Member

Don't know if you can use an sbf with a mac. Rsdlite is the program you use to flash the sbf to your phone, and it only runs on Windows I believe. Maybe you can get it to work through virtual machine. Not sure on that one.

Sent from my go go gadget DROIDX. I wonder if the x3 will include an expresso maker?
  7. ttreed07

ttreed07 New Member

Once again thank you to you guys, i have been liberated!! i am in the process of restoring my settings right now, so far everything has been going really smoothly. I can't thank you guys enough. I have had my x since october and have been dying to do all of this, and i finally got the guts to do so. I was more than happy to make the donation to liberty. Hopefully the restore goes smoothly and i look forward to future updates on here.
  8. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Glad to hear it! Happy to help

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7
Search tags for this page

4.5.596 droid x download for rooted

download android 4.5.596