Rooted Droid x Frozen at M after Gingerbread OTA

jpalm

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid x (rooted with visionary+) and I did the ota this morning and now it is just stuck on the "M" and will not go any further. I have waited for about 30 minutes and nothing has happened. I think I might have a new paper weight so any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
J

jpalm

Reaction score
Is there a link or thread with instructions on how to do this?

hardybb24

Reaction score
yea i have the same problem.. haven't been able to get a solid fix yet.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
mydroidworld.com

New Full SBF for Droid X - 2.3.340

your going to have to boot into the bootloader since you won't be able to put your phone in PC mode. Press and hold BOTH volume buttons then press the power button until you see a quick flash, let up on the buttons and you will be in the bootloader. From there you flash the sbf file.

***special note*** do not put your phone into the bootloader until you are ready to flash the SBF as your phone will not charge in the bootloader. Also its a good idea to pull the battery now becuase if your battery get too low it will not allow you to flash the sbf file either.

Beka27

Reaction score
I hope you get that figured out, man!

You have to be stock, unrooted to accept the OTA update.

Natey2

Reaction score
You have to be stock, unrooted to accept the OTA update.

+1 for stock and unrooted!
The upgrade for me went so smoothly, it brought a tear of joy to my eye :)
Verizon is cooler than I thought...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Imparatus

Reaction score
Stock Froyo Rooted with Z4, OTA Upgrade happened while I slept

Woke up to Gingerbread, unrooted. Upgrade went perfectly smoothly.

Beka27

Reaction score
If you SBF back to froyo .340, you can just install the two-part file for the rooted version of .596. That way you get GB... AND ROOT!

OP
J

jpalm

Reaction score
If you SBF back to froyo .340, you can just install the two-part file for the rooted version of .596. That way you get GB... AND ROOT!

Do I do what CD95YJ said to do so I can actually turn my phone on and then reroot my phone? Where do I get the file for the rooted version of .596? Would like to stay rooted because I use the wifi tethering, but don't want anything else to happen to my phone like it did this morning. The more details the better. Very new to this whole rooting thing. Thanks.

CD95YJ

Reaction score

Do I do what CD95YJ said to do so I can actually turn my phone on and then reroot my phone? Where do I get the file for the rooted version of .596? Would like to stay rooted because I use the wifi tethering, but don't want anything else to happen to my phone like it did this morning. The more details the better. Very new to this whole rooting thing. Thanks.

Do you pay for the tethering app? .596 (GB) stopped the ability to free tether as it auto launches the 3G hotspot app along with what ever tether app your using, it then eventually takes you to the "you need to pay for this service" page, so free tethering is kind of a thing of the past right now on .596, even the rooted files from TBH.

Beka27

Reaction score
Oh yes, sorry I missed the tethering part. If you want tether, skip GB for awhile.

OP
J

jpalm

Reaction score
Thanks for the file, but my initial problem still exists. I CANNOT turn my phone on. I tried to do what CD95YJ said to do. I downloaded the files necessary to do the sbf but then when I turned my phone on in the bootloader and attached it to my computer via USB, it will not find the necessary software to load my phone. It says this, "Windows unable to install your S flash OMAP3630 MI Could not find driver software."

Beka27

Reaction score
I will have to move aside to let others help with that then. I'm not sure. The phone does not turn on at all, have you tried pulling the battery?