Rooted Droid X ..App store wont open up

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid X and have had just minor issues with it to this point. Today, I havent been able to get to the Android App Market. When I press it, the screen turns white for 3 or 4 seconds and it goes back to my home screen. I have turned the phone off and on and also did a battery pull. I also used the Advanced Task killer, but same ending with all of these. Any suggestions to help please.

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
All you have done is root? No roms, hacks, or themes.

Yeah just root for now. I utilize the screen capture feature and mobile hotspot feature with the Root. Havent done anything else. I have heard i have to re-root when/if they upgrade the OS to Gingerbread, so not trying to do too much yet. But back to my original question.... Know anything about the app store issue I have described?

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid X and have had just minor issues with it to this point. Today, I havent been able to get to the Android App Market. When I press it, the screen turns white for 3 or 4 seconds and it goes back to my home screen. I have turned the phone off and on and also did a battery pull. I also used the Advanced Task killer, but same ending with all of these. Any suggestions to help please.
I'm suggesting that you should give the taskkiller the boot, and go to the market and clear its data. Perhaps it updated, and something went wrong?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I'm suggesting that you should give the taskkiller the boot, and go to the market and clear its data. Perhaps it updated, and something went wrong?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I Did just that and uninstalled the update to the ANDROID MARKET. It rolled back to the style of Market that was on there when I originally got the phone and then reupdated itself to the current Market. Works fine now. Thanks.