1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Droid X 2.4.3 wifi tether?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by IYIaster, Sep 16, 2013.

1. IYIaster

IYIaster New Member

I've rooted my Droid X that is running ginger bread 2.4.3 and I'm trying to get the wifi tether working so I can use the internet from my phone on my IPad. The non root apps don't work and the apps made for rooted phones don't work. Verizon recently got fined by the FCC for charging customers extra to use their phones as a wifi tether.

What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) | Mobile - CNET News

From reading that article I should be able to download an app from the play store and my phone doesn't even have to be rooted, but every one I've tried says "Your phone isn't currently configured to be used as a wifi modem or hotspot. -- Verizon Wireless" when trying to bring up a web page after connecting to the tether.

Does anyone know how to get this working?
  2. Pilot145

Pilot145 New Member

A couple of things...

First, make sure USB debugging is on. SETTINGS > APPLICATION SETTINGS > DEVELOPMENT.

Second, I've been successfully using PDAnet and FoxFi. PDAnet will allow you to plug your phone into your computer via USB and use the phone's data connection to browse internet on your phone.

FoxFi allows your computer to see your phone as a WiFi hotspot.

I hope that helps. Otherwise, it may be an issue with your phone's configuration.
  3. Oggie7797

Oggie7797 New Member

First off the droid X only seen 2.3.4 not 2.4.3 lol...and foxfi is best it actually works doesnt need root and works on stock with usb tether and wireless

Sent from my unicorn themed DROID X running AOKP-Kanged? v2.5
Search tags for this page
can free wifi tethering work for htc one
droid x free tether

droid x free tethering

droid x tethering
free wifi tether rooted droid x
how can i tether or wifi my verizon droid x to internet
how to get my wifi hot to work droid x rooted
how to root droid 3 to use tether
how to tether droidx for free

wifi tether 2.4