1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted droid, what now?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Starforce9, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Starforce9

Starforce9 New Member

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums and also somewhat new to using the Droid interface. Last night (after owning my Motorola Droid since June) I decided to test out rooting. I went back to android firmware 2.0.1 and then manually rooted. My question now is, what are some good ROMs to alter the phone completely visually while still being somewhat user friendly. What would you guys suggest I use thats compatible? Thanks!
  2. Blackbeard

Blackbeard New Member

Welcome! I've been really happy with the Ultimate Droid ROM. I've kept my Droid unrooted for most of the time I've had it, mostly because I never needed the benefits that rooting provides. But let me tell you, flashing Ultimate Droid (or pretty much any ROM for that matter) breathes new life into your phone. I never realized how much I could do with the Droid until I flashed UD, overclocked it, and downloaded some root-only apps from the market. I love my Droid again.

SO, my point is that I recommend UD. Since you want it to look completely different, you can try some different themes like the Luna theme or Watermark'd theme.
  3. Starforce9

Starforce9 New Member

I am trying to access the restore file...but everytime I go into the restore section it cant read the restore file off of the sdcard, and then it immediately tries to reboot.
    Edit-Oops wrong thread.
  4. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Did you flash SPRecovery on your phone?
  5. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

For all the roms, click the link in my sig.
  6. Starforce9

Starforce9 New Member

Got back into 2.0.1 fairly easy, but I think I will take it slow on the ROMs for now, thanks everyone.