1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Droid - Screen Brightness Issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by linuxgeek3447, Mar 10, 2010.

1. linuxgeek3447

linuxgeek3447 New Member

EDIT: Problem solved. There's a new brightness adjustment icon that comes with the root package. I had to tap that, then go through the edit menu to tell that widget to not save the settings.

I recently rooted my Droid. Somewhere in the process, I must have reset the brightness adjustment because now, when I turn the phone on (to check GMail, text messages, etc.), the screen goes dim. If I'm inside, I can see just enough to find the settings icon and tap through the menus to adjust the brightness. When I'm outside, however, the screen is so dim that I can't see anything. No matter how many times I manually adjust the brightness, the settings won't stick. When the backlight goes off, the brightness settings return to "default" and the next time I turn the backlight on it is too dim again. Does anyone know what is causing this, and how I can adjust it?
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid 3 screen is stuck on full brightness

droidx screen brightness doesn't change

hiw to adjust htc 4 backlight

root brightness android