Rooted droid, playing recorded video problems

blxxlee

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an issue hopefully someone can help me out with. I have a rooted droid OC to 900MHz with chevyno1 lv kernel. I also am running on GPA14 rom. My problem that I am having is that any video that I recorded will freeze after the first second but I can still hear sounds when I'm trying to play the video. If I fast forward it to ahead of time in the video it will play for like one second and the video freezes, sound still plays in the background. Now before this I was on the stock 2.2.1 rom and still had the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? Getting kinda annoying now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

blxxlee

Reaction score
Ok it may have something to do with setcpu program. I change the clock speed last night to 1000MHz and the videos started playing fine. This morning I check to c if it is working and it doesn't work, freezes so I change the setting from performance to ondemand, check it is working, change it back to performance it is working again. Anybody know what's up with that?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Your issue is a common GB issue. It is not related to your phone but to the GB OS.
Easiest way to resolve it is to go to a Froyo based Rom.

I use Sourcery and never had that issue.

OP
B

blxxlee

Reaction score
I was on stock froyo and still had the problem too, would changiing to a froyo based rom fix it either way?