Rooted Droid Need Advice

fuller82

Reaction score
My rooted original droid was running MIUI when it quit working. The phone went dead (not sure if it naturally died from the battery or something else) after that it would not charge or anything. I took it to a Verizon store to confirm it was dead. My phone is under warranty and I have recieved my warranty replacement. My question is should I be worried about sending in my dead droid that is actually running MIUI? I don't believe the problem it has was ROOT related as I was just running stock MIUI and not doing any overclocking beyond that or anything else that should damage it. I'm getting ready to send my phone back and am a little worried about it so any answers back would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My rooted original droid was running MIUI when it quit working. The phone went dead (not sure if it naturally died from the battery or something else) after that it would not charge or anything. I took it to a Verizon store to confirm it was dead. My phone is under warranty and I have recieved my warranty replacement. My question is should I be worried about sending in my dead droid that is actually running MIUI? I don't believe the problem it has was ROOT related as I was just running stock MIUI and not doing any overclocking beyond that or anything else that should damage it. I'm getting ready to send my phone back and am a little worried about it so any answers back would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Try putting a good battery in it to see if it'll turn on. If it doesn't, I would not worry about sending it in.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, just realized what I just wrote. If it does boot up they may deny your warranty claim. When you went to the Verizon store, did they put a good battery in it?

OP
F

fuller82

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. He tried a battery at the Verizon store and connecting it to a charger. I had an extra battery already and got a new one with the replacement phone. I've tried all of which and leaving the phone in the charger overnight. Nothing has gotten a response out of it. The light right next to the usb connection would flash when plugged in if that means anything. I don't see how it could boot for them after they recieve it after all I have tried with it, so hopefully they won't notice it's rocking MIUI.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. He tried a battery at the Verizon store and connecting it to a charger. I had an extra battery already and got a new one with the replacement phone. I've tried all of which and leaving the phone in the charger overnight. Nothing has gotten a response out of it. The light right next to the usb connection would flash when plugged in if that means anything. I don't see how it could boot for them after they recieve it after all I have tried with it, so hopefully they won't notice it's rocking MIUI.

Sounds to me like it's going to work out fine.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
If it can't power up it can't be checked at verizon, which will not affect your warranty situation. It's going to get refurbished and reflashed anyways so in all likelihood, your secret is safe.