Rooted Droid Eris Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bob_from_finance, Jun 28, 2011.

1. bob_from_finance

bob_from_finance New Member

Hi guys, sorry to bother you with the noob question. I did search multiple forums including this one, cyanogenmod, and xda developers for the answers I needed but found nothing. I'm sure they are out there but my 2 hours worth of search strings produced abysmal results. So here I am.

I purchased an HTC (Droid) Eris for the verizon network today from a fellow on craigslist. It came rooted with cyanogenmod/aosp froyo installed. I have a few questions before I activate the phone on my service.

1) Should I be worried about a key logger / potential phone clone
    2) If so how do I go about removing these
    3) What happens if I used restore factory settings with this custom froyo installed. Will I need certain software to get the phone up and running again? If so what programs do you reccomend?

I assume there is a lot more that I need to know but once I get these basics down, googling the rest should be easy.

Thanks for your help guys!
  2. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

I wouldn't be too worried about having it log. If you are and you restore to factory default that should remove anything. You can look through your SD card for anything suspicious though.

If you restore to factory conditions you'll have all the apps that came with it. Most of them are crap-ware that you don't need but to get rid of them you need a rooted phone. If you decide to root it or keep it rooted then I would recommend:
    SetCPU so you can overclock easily
    Root Explorer for root file management
    ROM Manager for flashing custom ROMs
    Script Manager with V6 SuperCharger
  3. bob_from_finance

bob_from_finance New Member

Thanks for the info!

I don't see anything that jumps out at my on the SD card. Is there a reason I would be looking on the SD card and not the internal memory?
  4. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

If you restore to default internal memory will be wiped. You can wipe it yourself if you like by booting into recovery and selecting that option.