Rooted Droid 2

ImBlinkedOut

Reaction score
Hey, im new here and new to the whole android os so dont mind my lack of knowledge. I have a d2 as stated above and i recently rooted it. i did some research on things to do with a rooted droid and so far i did the free wifi tethering app, i got a terminal emulator ( think thats what its called ) and i removed some of the bloatware, (eg. Cityid, Cardock , ect). So now im wording what else i can do? if you can post links to tutorials on things i can do for my rooted d2 or sugggest cool apps even if there just regular apps that dont need root it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey, im new here and new to the whole android os so dont mind my lack of knowledge. I have a d2 as stated above and i recently rooted it. i did some research on things to do with a rooted droid and so far i did the free wifi tethering app, i got a terminal emulator ( think thats what its called ) and i removed some of the bloatware, (eg. Cityid, Cardock , ect). So now im wording what else i can do? if you can post links to tutorials on things i can do for my rooted d2 or sugggest cool apps even if there just regular apps that dont need root it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

First off, :welcome: to Droid Forums!!!! Second: I know custom ROMs are being worked on for your phone as we speak and the right ROM/theme/kernel combination will make you love your phone even more!!

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath for custom kernals anytime soon. Roms are just starting to appear, one came out tonight in beta

But as far as what else you can do that's useful

1. Setcpu, with this you can underclok your phone when it doesn't need the full 1ghz. Saves battery

2. Adfree, blocks ads in apps

3. Droid 2 bootstrap, with this you will be able to flash custom roms, also creat nandroid backups so if you mess up you can restore to a previous build or date and not have to completely start over