Rooted Droid 2, upgraded to Gingerbread, now can't get root back?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bmcswee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. bmcswee

bmcswee New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

As the title suggests I have a Droid 2 (R2D2 edition if it matters) which I originally rooted using z4root. However, without any attempt to un-root the phone, I upgraded to Gingerbread. I still have the Superuser icon but there are no applications shown inside it. However no application that needs root access will work. It seems like I'm stuck in some half-rooted (or at least non-rootable) place. I have tried multiple methods to get root and nothing works. Gingerbreak goes on forever, and this method (How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread – Droid Life) ran successfully and said it worked, but didn't actually give root.

Did I really screw up by upgrading a rooted phone? Is there any way to get around this and get my phone rooted again? Maybe something I can reset, or another method of rooting?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If this file did not root you, MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip, then you need to SBF back to stock Frayo and then let the phone re install GB. Then re-use the one click file to root GB.
  3. bmcswee

bmcswee New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I need to SBF back to stock. The problem is, I can't find the stock R2D2 SBF anywhere online. Found a few links on forums, but they were broken. Can anyone link or tell me where to find the stock R2D2 SBF?

Thanks in advance.
  4. MrCatPC

MrCatPC Member

Ratings:
    +1
Search tags for this page
droid 2 gingerbread root

gingerbreak droid 2