1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Droid 2, upgraded to Gingerbread, now can't get root back?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bmcswee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. bmcswee

bmcswee New Member

Hi all,

As the title suggests I have a Droid 2 (R2D2 edition if it matters) which I originally rooted using z4root. However, without any attempt to un-root the phone, I upgraded to Gingerbread. I still have the Superuser icon but there are no applications shown inside it. However no application that needs root access will work. It seems like I'm stuck in some half-rooted (or at least non-rootable) place. I have tried multiple methods to get root and nothing works. Gingerbreak goes on forever, and this method (How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread – Droid Life) ran successfully and said it worked, but didn't actually give root.

Did I really screw up by upgrading a rooted phone? Is there any way to get around this and get my phone rooted again? Maybe something I can reset, or another method of rooting?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

If this file did not root you, MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip, then you need to SBF back to stock Frayo and then let the phone re install GB. Then re-use the one click file to root GB.
  3. bmcswee

bmcswee New Member

I guess I need to SBF back to stock. The problem is, I can't find the stock R2D2 SBF anywhere online. Found a few links on forums, but they were broken. Can anyone link or tell me where to find the stock R2D2 SBF?

Thanks in advance.
  4. MrCatPC

MrCatPC New Member

Search tags for this page
droid 2 gingerbread root

gingerbreak droid 2