Rooted Droid 1/Rom'd with Bugless Beast...

batmanrb89

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid 1 with super one click. I installed Rom Manager, and setup Bugless Beast v0.6.2.1 .and have done some customizations. I set up Launcer Pro instead of ADW Launcher because It doesn't crash and lockup as much. Any other suggestions on what to do next? I have it clocked to 800. I set up the WIFI Tether too, works great with my iPad. Just curious what everybody else is doing with theirs....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got any apps you don't want but couldn't delete? Get Root Explorer from the Market and you can do that. Theres an app for rooted phones that will clear your apps cache, all of them, with one touch.

You can over clock your Droid. 800 mhz is standard for a Droid running 2.2. SetCPU vsn give you great control so you can go faster...or slower. Maybe you already have that and you need to set up your profiles?

OP
B

batmanrb89

Reaction score
I used the root uninstaller app and got rid of all of the stock stuff I won't use. I backed them up though in case I have to unroot. Which is the Apps Cache program? App Cache Cleaner from PopSoft?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out some apps like Root Tools or Absolute Systems, to mess with different BA's, fonts, etc. There's a lot of custom MetaMorph pullldowns floating around in the threads. And for God's sake, flash more roms!!!! ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

batmanrb89

Reaction score
HAHA yea I messed around with Bugless, Cyanogen, Ultimate Droid, and Chevy, I just liked Bugless the best so I stuck with it. I'll check the other stuff out, thanks for the response!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot this: get the DroidForums app!!!!! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jpr122955

Reaction score
I pretty much have the same setup. Try P3 kernels. I put P3 LV 1100, max set@ 1000 and it runs extremely smooth. Posted 1468 on the Quadrant Benchmark, runs very cool, does not get hot and battery life has improved

OP
B

batmanrb89

Reaction score
I pretty much have the same setup. Try P3 kernels. I put P3 LV 1100, max set@ 1000 and it runs extremely smooth. Posted 1468 on the Quadrant Benchmark, runs very cool, does not get hot and battery life has improved
I used the ChevyNo1 Kernel from ROM Manager.. Went with ChevyNo1 7-slot Ultra Low Voltage 1.25Ghz. Set it to 1.0Ghz...I didn't notice much diffrence from 800 to 1000 though. 1250 seemed a little choppy...Maybe I had a lot running..

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you overclock too much, that can cause your phone to get jumpy and choppy. throttle it back some, or stick with the lower kernel.

OP
B

batmanrb89

Reaction score
if you overclock too much, that can cause your phone to get jumpy and choppy. throttle it back some, or stick with the lower kernel.
Yea, 800 to 1000 seems safe. Doesn't heat up or stick. I'll stick with that.

tnronin

Reaction score
I just did my D1 with BB! Exact same method. I'm not as sophisticated though. I'm still learning.

Is the performance setting ability in the ROM toolkit not good enough to get extended life from the battery (real reason for the root).

I'm still trying to find the easter egg. And where is the tool kit? I wanted to look at the lock screen options. Though I did buy widgetlocker before I read the release notes on BB.

There are many terms you guys/gals are using that I don't get, but I will later I guess.

jpr122955

Reaction score
I just did my D1 with BB! Exact same method. I'm not as sophisticated though. I'm still learning.

Is the performance setting ability in the ROM toolkit not good enough to get extended life from the battery (real reason for the root).

I'm still trying to find the easter egg. And where is the tool kit? I wanted to look at the lock screen options. Though I did buy widgetlocker before I read the release notes on BB.

There are many terms you guys/gals are using that I don't get, but I will later I guess.
Rom Tool Kit is the 1st entry under settings. Get "Setcpu" from the Market to control your processor. I ran the stock kernel for about a week and it ran very smooth with very good battery life.

tnronin

Reaction score
Thanks JPR, now if I can just figure out how to customize the lock screen.

I keep seeing references but can't figure it out. I would like to get rid of widgetlocker and stay "stock" so to speak.

M

Rom Tool Kit is the 1st entry under settings. Get "Setcpu" from the Market to control your processor. I ran the stock kernel for about a week and it ran very smooth with very good battery life.

OP
B

batmanrb89

Reaction score
Thanks JPR, now if I can just figure out how to customize the lock screen.

I keep seeing references but can't figure it out. I would like to get rid of widgetlocker and stay "stock" so to speak.

M

Change the lock screen in Settings, ROM Toolkit, User Interface. You can do tab or rotary. And you can download "No Lock" from the Market. It enables and disables the lock screen all together if you like.