Rooted Droid 1, now wants to constantly update

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by siggy_freud, Apr 2, 2011.

1. siggy_freud

siggy_freud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me reexplain what I did/what the situation is.

I took my stock 2.2.1 Droid and rooted it using the "root any version method."

As part of rooting, I took the file that already on the Droid named update.zip and renamed it to backupupdate.zip and then used the downloaded .zip file and renamed that one to update.zip per the root instructions.

Rooted great, tethered/overclocked, etc.

About a week later it asks me to install a new update. I say okay, it says installation blocked. It repeats this. I want it to stop annoying me every 2 days, and thinking that it keeps seeing the update.zip file I used to root as an update, I rename it update1.zip.

It still keeps asking me to update, so I post here. I restart the phone and tell it to allow installation from update.zip, but since I renamed update.zip to update1.zip, assuming that update.zip was STILL the file I used to root, nothing installs as it says update.zip cannot be found.

When an OTA update comes, does it overwrite whatever update.zip is currently on the phone?

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +275
    Yes.

So updatebackup.zip could be the update from 2.2>2.2.1 or 2.2.1>2.2.2.

IIRC if you find user teddyearp, he has a small server with lots of Droid files. You would be looking for the ota in his list with frg83d to frg83g.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

i have rooted my droid x 2 and it still wants to update?

rooted s3 wants to update constantly

why does my driod want to update all the time

why does my droid software update constantly