1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted D2 update fails--does it need bloatware back if deleted?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by darksideSound, Dec 17, 2011.

1. darksideSound

darksideSound New Member

I rooted my Moto D2 last year as a noob and may have deleted some of the bloatware that the droid needs to perform an update. Is there a list or a way to find these aps to restore them? I will freeze them with Titanium Backup instead of deleting them from now on. (DUH!)

I used "About Phone" to find this..

2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

Android version: 2.2

I downloaded via "System updates" this..

4.5.601.en.US

..and the update failed. I'm not sure if this is not apples and oranges because the file labeling is not well matched.

Assuming the update is right, do I need to do a backup, reset to factory, do the update, root, and then restore? Maybe need to unroot before the factory reset? Since it's been a while since I've rooted my D2, there must be easier methods to unroot and reroot again. My D2 is stable, but I'd like to have all the verizon folly working up to date.

Any guidance would be gladly received! I'm not great at UNIX, but I am good at following precise instructions and can tell if something is going south and fix it in time. I'd love it if there were an ap that could do this.

Does anyone have a clear concept of what the efuse is supposed to do toward hindering rom loads? Is my D2 on the bad list?

Cheers,
    Buzz.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately just doing a factory reset does not put back deleted items, it only clears data. I would suggest SBFing back to stock and then taking the OTA again. From there you can root again and you will be all set.
  3. darksideSound

darksideSound New Member

Thanks! I'm off on a merry chase.

=zz=.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No problem. If you need any more assistance don't be afraid to ask.