Rooted D1 Stuck on M screen when installing a new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by 2fast4uproductions, May 13, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. 2fast4uproductions

2fast4uproductions New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

First time user. Found some great stuff in the last several days on how to root my Droid 1 and get some cool uses out of it, but I've had trouble getting a new ROM to install.

I have the pro version of ROM Manager with CMR flashed on. I've tried to install both Bugless Beast and Simply Stunning. I'm able to install them with no problem using ROM Manager (I've done both of them by downloading from ROM Manager and by simply placing the zip file in the root of my SD Card), but whenever it goes to re-boot, after the install, it gets stuck on the Motorola emblem and does not do anything else. I am able to do a hard set and boot up in recovery and then re-establish my back-up using CMR, but that just puts me back to my stock ROM.

I've searched this site alot and not found anything that is helpful to me on this topic, but if there is something out there, sorry for the re-post.

I would really appreciate any help and thank you in advance.
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you wiping data when installing?

tappin and a talkin
  3. 2fast4uproductions

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, wipe data and cache and dalvik cache
  4. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    How long are you letting it sit on the "M" logo? Let it sit there for a while. Believe it or not I've had to let mine sit on the "M" logo for about 10-15 minutes once. Yeah I never flashed that ROM again but still, it worked. Just try it.
  5. 2fast4uproductions

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I tried it again today and I let it try for a little over 1 hour. Still no luck.

Would it be possible for someone to post which ROM works best, in their opinion, for my Droid 1, version 2.2.2, build # FRG83G.
    My current kernal version is 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26#1 (don't know exactly what that means, but hopefully it will be helpful to someone so they can help me).

Thanks again in advance
  6. fhb12

fhb12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having the same issue. If someone could point me as to how to fix it I would be much obliged. thanks
  7. contractorslim

contractorslim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So came across your thread after having the same issues in the past few days. So you are installing w/ nothing past the M screen. I have had this same issue while installing a couple different roms. I haven't tried either of the roms you have but I have installed CM7 and Sorcerer. Try rebooting back into recovery and re-install the rom over again without wiping. See if that works. Also if you are having to install gapps at all, make sure you go back to recovery and install that and any updates before waiting on the reboot. What are you using to back your apps and data up with?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Instead of using rom manager do it manually but instead. Wipe data/factory reset 3x before flashing the new rom. Hope that helps. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also, don't wipe dalvik cache. That sometimes causes it to hang on the boot logo.
  10. coltlacey

coltlacey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't wipe dalvik, do Liquid's gingerbread. 2.3.4 its version 1.9. I say do 1.9 cuz 1.92 seems to drain battery faster. But its a great rom. Extremely fast and you can over lock to 1100mhz if you like. Oh, also, another problem with 1.92, it goes to speaker phone automatically when answering calls (sometimes) then attempts a force close. Overall better experience with 1.9 I just switched back today. Remember to reboot every now and then.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  11. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Reinstall/flash Clockworkmod from Rom Manager. It didn't take, that's why you are getting stuck at the M logo.

Boot your current ROM, run Rom Manager, flash the 'Alternate Recovery' (SPRecovery), when that is done, flash Clockworkmod Recovery again. For some reason....sometimes it doesn't take and leaves your recovery screwed so that when you (or Rom Manager) tries to boot in to recovery you just sit at the M logo.
  12. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coltlacey, please don't judge rom battery life. Chances are, you made a mistake while installing the rom. Now, this seems like I'm just nagging you, and I sound like a jerk (and I'm sorry) but many users don't think or know about their battery stats. When installing a rom by wiping data/cache and etc, you delete the batterystats.bin file. On the first boot, you should always use your phone until it reaches 5%, and then plug in the phone to charge. However, users make the mistake of using their phone while charging their phones, which messes up the battery stats. You are supposed to put your phone to sleep and not use it AT ALL until it is fully charged.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  13. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    I'm also not being a jerk but I have never "conditioned" my battery in such a manner and have excellent battery life. I always flash at 100% and charge whenever I want.
  14. mcneilmoe

mcneilmoe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sbf!!!!!!!!!
Search tags for this page

flashing droid1 back to stock stuck at m screen