ROOTED - Can we use CWM on this?

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Rooted using Gingerbreak. Removed all my bloat and blocked ads. I saw someone say in a comment that they were running Liberty GB on this. In Rom Manager there is no option for DX2. My question: Has anyone tried using CWM mod on this using the Droid X option? I want some Liberty on this guy... Any further info about ROMs for this would be fantastic - I've scoured the internets and not much is up yet.

Thanks

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but do you have bootstrapper on the DX2?

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

Not yet, I wasn't sure if Koush was going to release a new one.

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Can you please post a guide for us on how to remove the bloatware and ads. that would be much appreciated.

I have Root Explorer (in market - not free). Open it, give it superuser permissions - go to system - app - find the bloat you don't want - hit the top right button so it says "MOUNT R/O" (This puts you in Read/Write status) - long press the apps you don't want - DELETE. Be very careful, you can mess stuff up if you get too crazy. I would remove the VCast Apps, Blockbuster, and Amazon. There are others, but don't touch anything that says "Blur".

As far as ads go, download AdFree in the market (free) and let it rip.

I am not responsible if you mess anything up :)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be safe...don't delete, Freeze them using Titanium Backup....an app anyone should have anyway, especially if you're rooted.

Jiibus

Reaction score
Be safe...don't delete, Freeze them using Titanium Backup....an app anyone should have anyway, especially if you're rooted.

I second this. If you delete apps and you don't have a SBF file to fall back on you'll be screwed if you try to factory reset. Besides, freezing the apps in TB has the same exact effect as deleting them.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
On the X1 the physical camera button is "enter" in CWM. I'm not sure what would be what on the X2?!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the X1 the physical camera button is "enter" in CWM. I'm not sure what would be what on the X2?!

Good point, same on D1/D2.

Wonder if they removed the physical cam button purely for cost control - I was disappointed by that.

fused2explode

Reaction score

When it becomes supported it will use the power button, just like the thunderbolt.

F2E

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk Pro

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score

I deleted, but I like to live life dangerously... :)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I deleted, but I like to live life dangerously... :)

Smilin' now, hope you don't end up frownin' laytah. :)

On D2/D1 power button is to back up one menu level...so how would that be managed? Maybe volume up could be up menu level in CW....

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Can you please post a guide for us on how to remove the bloatware and ads. that would be much appreciated.

I have Root Explorer (in market - not free). Open it, give it superuser permissions - go to system - app - find the bloat you don't want - hit the top right button so it says "MOUNT R/O" (This puts you in Read/Write status) - long press the apps you don't want - DELETE. Be very careful, you can mess stuff up if you get too crazy. I would remove the VCast Apps, Blockbuster, and Amazon. There are others, but don't touch anything that says "Blur".

As far as ads go, download AdFree in the market (free) and let it rip.

I am not responsible if you mess anything up :)

Thanks a lot man. I hate the freaking bloatware preloaded on any phone