Rooted, BUT - Total Loss of Recovery (No Stock/Custom/Nothing) ??? What 2 do??

Droid 51

Reaction score
Im not sure I quite understand. Did you flash back to stock? The new update should not take your stock recovery....have either of you actually tried flashing the complete stock package?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried anything really im just looking around for answers but I keep finding the same problem with other people but no real clear answers and I hate to do anything when my phone is working at this time but what I was wondering is there a sbf or fxz process we can take or is that the odin thing I keep seeing

newbroot83

Reaction score
I haven't tried anything really im just looking around for answers but I keep finding the same problem with other people but no real clear answers and I hate to do anything when my phone is working at this time but what I was wondering is there a sbf or fxz process we can take or is that the odin thing I keep seeing

Odin is the sbf procedure for samsungs. But you need the stock file or stock rooted file. It is the way I saved my note 2

Droid 51

Reaction score
Odin is the sbf procedure for samsungs. But you need the stock file or stock rooted file. It is the way I saved my note 2

That's what I thought but I guess I wasnt making my self clear when I was explaining to that other guy so now I will try and find the files and give it a shot

Droid 51

Reaction score
So you didnt find/try flashing stock?

Im rooted and I see no need in getting worked up just yet but I would like to flash a rom its killing me not being able to. Hell I flashed every rom that ever came out all the way back to my droid 1 up to my bionic but im sure someone will find a way

ReaganSmash

Reaction score
Im rooted and I see no need in getting worked up just yet but I would like to flash a rom its killing me not being able to. Hell I flashed every rom that ever came out all the way back to my droid 1 up to my bionic but im sure someone will find a way

I'm not sure if you've already figured it out yet or not, but although the bootloader is still locked you CAN flash at least the Hyperdrive ROM, and theoretically any other ROM based on the stock ME7 kernel if you use SafeStrap. I posted in the root thread with links to the threads you need to do it. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...oot-your-verizon-galaxy-s4-5.html#post2474902

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
For those who are rooted but no recovery. Try Philz Touch Recovery. There are a number of issues with trying to install TWRP as your custom recovery on S4s. Philz recovery is not as "simplistic" as TWRP in that it is much more customized with a lot of options that you don't have with TWRP. However, it has all the options you'll find in TWRP, just layed out in a different manner. Google Philz Touch Recovery and you'll find the link. I have the Developer Edition of the Verizon S4 and that is the only custom recovery that works on my phone, hope it works for you guys.

newbroot83

Reaction score
So all in all anyone with this problem can basically just flash back to stock with odin which the way I understand it is the same as sbf and fxz and after that just reroot and forget custom recovery for the time being is this correct or did I miss something

Pretty much sums it up. Now keep in mind as ive daid earlier this is how it works with the note 2. I dont see much difference between the 2 so all should be well