Rooted, but now I can't get 3G service, other issues.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by radica1, Jan 7, 2012.

1. radica1

radica1 New Member

Hi, i realize this is my first post on the site, I am sorry :( I've been searching the forums/internet for something simliar to my problem but I'm having a hard time finding a complete solution.

A few days ago I rooted my phone (Motorola Droid 2, running GB 2.3.3) and all was fine (with exception) until I tried to fix a problem I was having with Gmail. It wasn't automatically syncing with the server so I tried to clear the caches/data of a few things and I probably cleared the wrong thing. It still doesn't sync with the server (unless i open the program and hit refresh).

Yesterday, I couldn't connect to the internet, I lost almost all of my service and had no 3G. I couldn't do anything - I couldn't connect to the market or Gmail because it said it couldn't find the server. Facebook app said the connection was lost. I have been in places that I know have almost full 3G service for sure. I opened up Titanium Backup and restored my accounts.  That was the only thing I had backed up beforehand. That fixed a lot of it - I can now connect to the market and get emails (after clicking refresh) and use the facebook app, etc. Although for some reason 3G service still doesn't work although I have full regular service.

The superuser-permission needing apps that I currently have installed - Titanium Backup, Android Assistant, JuiceDefender (currently disabled) and QuickBoot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, let me know. Thank's so much!
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. pressguy27

pressguy27 New Member

Try dialing *228 and option 2 for updating roaming. Sometimes it help when having connection issues.

Sent from my DROID 2 using CM7-GB
Search tags for this page
3g doesnt work when on internet android phone
can rooting my phone help me get 3g dstadata
how to connect rooted android in 3g network
i rooted my phone but 3g not working
my rooted phone does not connect to internet
my rooted phone internet not working
root phone can't connect to 3g
rooted 3g service
rooted my phone 3g wont work
rooted my phone no.3g now