Rooted but now cannot mount SD card

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by DroidScent, Oct 21, 2011.

1. DroidScent

DroidScent New Member

:angry:

Okay this is supposed to be easy, right?

I used "Petes Motorola Root Tools" to get root access, then I wanted to do a backup so I downloaded ROM Manager from ClockWorkMod.

Problem is I can't do anything because I can't mount my SD card now. I thought newbies were immune to problems.

I can access the sd card from my computer (windows 7) but it seems to be unavailable to the phone. Also I'm struggling with the menu in ROM Manager, because it seems like it wants me to install ClockworkMod Recovery before I do a backup. Seems like I'm supposed to do a backup before I start messin'
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm not familiar with your phone, but I do know that Rom Manager uses Clockwork to make backups. I do however strongly suggest that you do nothing to the phone until you are 100% sure you know what is going to happen.

Good luck.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm confused (nothing new in that!!). Do you have an Env3 or a Droid 3? If you have a Droid 3, I think you have to download the Bootstrapper app and use it to install Clockwork first and then you update Clockwork with Rom Manager. You need to spend some time in the D3 Hacks forum and read up on all this stuff.

Good luck.
  4. DroidScent

DroidScent New Member

Yes, I have a Droid 3 with the 5.6.890 build. I was trying to follow instructions over here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...steel-droid-3-0-gingerbread-10-16-2011-a.html
    to root the phone, backup the phone, and then move on to loading the Steele ROM. Hey I just got the $100 trade-in card for sending in my Env3, so I should update my profile !

Search tags for this page
android sd card wont mount
can't mount /sdcard rooted android

can't mount sd card after root

can't mount sdcard root
cannot access sd card after rooting
cannot mount sdcard on phone after rooting
galaxy s3 clockworkmode sdcard won't mount
rooted android now cannot mount sd card
rooted my phone it wont mount sd card
sd card hacks rooted android