Rooted, but not rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ksanks, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ksanks

ksanks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone, I bought this Droid 1 that seemed to have already been rooted. I had the little Superuser icon on my phone, however, the programs and such that use Superuser access, say I don't have the permission. I've ready a few different posts on options to try and re-root over a failed root, or completely un-root and then root again, but all attempts have failed. So far I tried the Easy Root (oneclickroot) app and when I install it, it says I'm already rooted and only allows me the option to Unroot; and when I click unroot is ays "Unroot successful. Reboot to complete" I reboot and nothing has changed. Also, I've tried flashing stock file (not sure what it was) using RSD Lite, but it starts and then says "Flash failed". My end goal is to actually get my phone rooted. I'm assuming I need to completely un-root and then root again. But however this can be accomplished I just need a detailed explanation as to what to do, what to install, and how each thing should look/work as I'm really new to this rooting stuff. Thanks for the help.

2. currensy

currensy Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. currensy

currensy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though my doesn't says flash failed..I've read post that when it does says flash failed, that mean it's successful

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    You are correct, you're phone is not rooted, but the Superuser.apk remains. So as you said (at least in the other thread) you will need to re-root the phone:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html#post766732
    -or- the xda-developers forums link for super one click _should_ work too.

Then you can un-root the phone:

Unroot your Droid WITHOUT RSD Lite

And please don't double post:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/113028-unrooting-problem.html

we'll just keep your situation in this thread.

good luck

5. ksanks

ksanks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Thank you to those that had posted different options of what I might be able to do. Unfortunately they seemed to have failed to work. The issues I have are as follows:

MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip then transfer to the phone and rename it to update.zip

SuperOneClick: Gets to Removing Superuser.apk and stays there doesn't remove and doesn't continue.

RSD Lite: Still says fails right after hitting star

unroot phone without rsd lite: the method that utilizes the downloading MasterFRG22Da5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip file then transfer to the phone and rename it to update.zip
    Having to use Method three Turning off phone then pressing 'x' and the on button (the triangle with the exclamation point displayed). going to the apply sdcard:update.zip states:
    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying pudate package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: !less_than_int(1281726300,
    getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted

With RSD Lite using:
    MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf
    and going to SPRecovery
    MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip then transfer to the phone and rename it to update.zip

MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf also fails right after hitting the start button

and with the now update.zip

in the Android System recovery states
    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying pudate package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I'm wondering if anyone might have any suggestions. I do apologize for the double post.

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Well, if your phone works then why bother? If you want to root it, the "root any os" is the way to go. If it trying to flash the MC....sbf file fails right away, then there is no way you cqan continue with the reast of the process. So try to figure out why it's not going through. Try a different USB port. Make sure you have the drivers installed. Are you putting the phone in bootloader mode. Are you running RSD Lite 4.6? What version of windows?

Search tags for this page
how to rename superuser.apk
how to set up samsung gts7500
installing superuser apk superoneclick
keeps saying phone not rooted when it is
phone not rooted but shows superuser
sometimes my phone says not rooted
superoneclick says rooted but no superuser

superoneclick says rooted but not

superoneclick superuser not installed
superuser says droidx not rooted, oneclickroot says it is