Rooted, but have some ????

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by msu, Mar 5, 2010.

1. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the Droid mod 1.0 to root. I have metamorph installed for themes.

- I installed setcpu so I could set some profiles. I know that DM is set to 800mhz which I'm taking it that it is because of the kernal. When I reboot it shows it running at 800 in setcpu, but it will drop to 600 all the time. I open up cpu and hit refresh and it sometimes will even go down to 250, but never back up to 800???? I'm really confused on this. Anyone have a good how to link for cpu. I have not set any profiles yet.
    UPDATE, I did find setcpu website. So I can see the info on it there.

- Can you change your notification toolbar icons with Metamorph? I've seen some really cool ones out on the site and would like to have them over what I have, but not sure how to do it.

- Milestone 2.01 (with coverflow) when rooting, I chose this, but only have the stock 2.1 player?? Not sure why I don't have the one I chose? I even re-installed the rom a couple of times and nothing.

- before rooting I connected into my exhange server to get my work email and calender. I got most of it working after I rooted. I can get all my email from work, but now it will not sync my calender even though I have it selected to. It keeps coming up with Authentication error. All my settings are set as before so I'm not sure why this is happening.

- Also, what is the superuser permissions for?

Thanks in advance for any if not all help to these questions.

#1 msu, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.... Anyone???

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    What is your governor in SetCPU set to? If your phone isn't doing anything that demands the CPU most governors tell the CPU to slow down. If you want it full throttle most of the time, and don't care about battery performance try the "performance" setting.

Yes you can change the notification toolbar icons with metamorph. Find or create a theme that is to your liking, and apply the framework-res portion of the theme. Note unless you edit the theme, framework-res covers more than just the notification bar and icons. Also note that depending on if you are running a 2.01 or a 2.1 ROM makes a slight difference when it comes to themeing as some themes were made for 2.01 and some were made for 2.1. They should say in the description, and generally can be easily modified to work with either.

Superuser permissions is for what it says, a place where all your permissions go. When you load up an application that requires root access it asks to allow this app root access or not. The ninja app allows you to modify those permissions.

I have never used DroidMod or Exchange so I can't comment on your Exchange question, or your question about the music player.

4. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, I will look into this stuff.

The exchange thing is really bugging me. I deleted the account and reloaded it, and still get the same problem, Mail sync & contacts, but no calender.