1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted but can't boot into recovery or flash roms

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by bms6014, Dec 21, 2011.

1. bms6014

bms6014 New Member

i am sort of new to the root thing. i tried to install the flash_image but it wont push to my root files for recovery. tried reinstalling. when i download a rom and go to install it via rom manager it works like it should reboots but then.....its just as it was. please help. im REALLY frustrated :p
  2. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

Did you try re rooting your dx? What did you use to root and what version of android are you running right now?

Sent from my DROIDX
  3. bms6014

bms6014 New Member

Haven't tried to re root. I used um hold on ill lol lol........DROID 3x easy root. I know im lazy lol. I saw some threads that had posted about similar issues and to download the recovery image but I chant push it so I tried a rom and I think I may have a bigger issue. If you suggest re rooting......then how would I go about doing that? I know I know im a noon hana but thanks for taking your time to help me!

PHP:
  4. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

Which rom are you trying to flash? All you would do is re run the root program. Did you have USB debugging checked or unchecked?

Sent from my DROIDX
  5. leftspin

leftspin New Member

If you've successfully rooted, you need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery from the ROM Manager app (do it over wifi like the app warns).Once you've done that, exit the ROM Manager app and then download the Droid 2 Bootstrapper (Droid 2, not Droid X Bootstrap!) from the Market. It costs a dollar I think. Then open the app, press "bootstrap recovery," wait until it says success, then hit reboot recovery. Your phone will automatically reboot into ClockworkMod and you'll be able to flash ROMs
  6. bms6014

bms6014 New Member

Ish debugging was deffinetly checked. Usb debugging. Sorry. I tried to flashback cm7 and muiu no luck so I tried a velocity rom for my old ally. It did the same thing I thought for sure I was going to hit a bootloop.
    Going to try that bootstrap.
  7. bms6014

bms6014 New Member

The boot strap worked! I flashed miui.us successfully but then I attempt to flash liberty and its a no go? I also couldn't figure out how to enter subfolders while on recovery. Thanks for the help
  8. leftspin

leftspin New Member

before you flash any ROM you have to make sure to clear cache, dalvik cache and do a factory reset. Entering subfolders is the same as selecting something on the root of the SD, just select with the camera button. You also need to be sure you're flashing ROMs for the proper device (Droid X) and on the proper kernel (.602 or .605)
Search tags for this page
android wont flash recovery

can't boot into recovery droid x

cannot boot to recovery android
droid x does not boot into recovery

droid x not booting into recovery

droid x will not boot into recovery

droid x will not reboot into recovery
droid x wont boot into clockwork recovery
droid x wont boot into recovery
rom manager can't boot into recovery
rom manager can't reboot into recovery