Rooted but can't boot into recovery. Help is appreciated!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shred or Die, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Shred or Die

Shred or Die New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted with "Soup or Root" and have SuperUser capabilities and wifi tethering works. But I cannot boot into Clockwork Recovery (power + x). Was this supposed to automatically install with the rooting process or do I have to take additional steps to install ClockworkMod Recovery? My roomate said when he used Soup or Root, he didn't install anything additional to have recovery, and he can boot into clockwork recovery just fine. I have downloaded ROM Manager and Titanium Backup from the market already as well. Anyone know what the next step for me is?

I've been searching everywhere for a while and there seems to be endless possibilities as to where to go next. I'm trying to keep it simple, as in not having to download SPRecovery or RSD Lite or any of that. From what I have researched, you just need CWM Recovery to install custom ROMs. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I got into recovery by pressing the volume buttons but the text is Blue and not Green like it should be for clockwork...

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    what does the blue recovery say at the very top of the screen as to which recovery you are in??

try rebooting. go into Rom Manager. select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", and then try to boot into recovery.

3. Shred or Die

Shred or Die New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It says "Android system recovery <3e>"

I'm pretty sure it's just the stock Android recovery. I'm afraid to flash clockwork recovery because it specifically states not to do so if clockwork is NOT installed. And I don't know whether it is or not.

4. Shred or Die

Shred or Die New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well I think I just read it wrong ha my bad. I thought it was saying I needed to install clockwork before proceeding, but in reality it is saying that I need to click that in order to download clockwork, in order to flash and restore ROMs. Sorry, I'll post an update if it worked.

EDIT: Got it, sorry for misreading it and creating another nub thread about rooting haha. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    where does it say that?? when you select "flash ClockworkMod", that does the install of the recovery.

EDIT: oh, you got it... :)

6. Shred or Die

Shred or Die New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right, before you flash it, there is a note saying you need to have clockwork downloaded before flashing ROMs. I misread it as a warning saying, don't click this until you install clockwork.

Which is basically the opposite of what it was saying hah. I was just being really careful not to click anything I shouldn't so I don't mess up my phone. It was pretty simple and straightforward in the end though. Thanks again.

7. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    no prob! do you have CWM now?? if so, then gets to flashin some roms!!! :icon_ banana:

8. Shred or Die

Shred or Die New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah CWM is all good and I just did a nandroid backup. Gonna flash Project Elite real soon, I'm very excited!

9. huskerkate

Ratings:
    +10
    sahweet! excellent choice, too :)